Come join TDS Telecom and begin your full time career with us as an Account Executive as we continue to grow our team at our Alamogordo, New Mexico location. You will receive a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus in your new role as an Account Executive. You would be a solution seller by identifying opportunities to leverage TDS’ full complement of solutions and technology offerings which encompass, hosted and premise based VoIP solutions, managed services, and web security. As a business-to-business sales professional, the Account Executive is responsible and accountable for developing new business opportunities and retaining and growing an existing customer base.
Our sales force focuses on uncovering customer needs, understanding key business drivers, leveraging the latest technology, and delivering compelling TDS solutions to our prospects that meet their business needs in a timely manner. Once sold, as an Account Executive you will manage the existing customer base and are responsible for the overall care, growth and retention of those customers. Consistent new business development through cold calling and prospecting, with a drive to succeed and grow the assigned book of business, in a quota driven environment are critical to the success of this position.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs 2,900 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,100 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, and TDS Broadband Service. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America’s Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com
- You will identify, contact, and build relationships with prospective customers through a combination of telephone and in-person cold calls, networking and referrals to obtain appointments.
- You will leverage the TDS CRM system to develop prospecting and sales strategies that ensure high activity and effective closing ratios for new and existing customers.
- You will write and submit accurate and timely new orders following the established sales process. Manage and submit moves, adds, changes and deletion orders (MACD) to the existing customer base.
- You will conduct sales calls to determine customer needs, gain information, determine how TDS can help solve business challenges, and effectively communicate TDS’ value proposition to prospective customers and the existing customer base.
- You will maintain accurate and timely customer status and forecasts utilizing the CRM system for all new prospects and existing customer sales.
- You will manage the existing customer base by regularly contacting customer accounts, acting as their resource for sales negotiations, and meeting or exceeding sales and revenue growth targets.
- 2+ years inside and outside sales experience
- 1+ years of experience in successful prospecting and generating leads through cold calling.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, insurance, and have access to reliable transportation.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing, multi-system environment.
- Proven ability to manage a territory using technology, prioritization and time management skills.
- Track record of success in business-to-business sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to convincingly persuade others as evidenced in personal interviews and via telephone.
- Access to a cell phone.
- Ability to clearly and effectively set goals and then attain them as evidenced by a track record of setting goals, creating a work plan, establishing a reward, working diligently, measuring performance, adjusting as necessary and then accomplishing the goal.
- Ability to work independently as evidenced by identifying problems, gathering data, weighing the facts, consulting others as necessary, making decisions and effectively implementing the decision.
- Computer literacy (i.e., Excel, Word, email, Internet).
- Ability to maintain quota levels.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits and retirement options please click here.
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!