Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as an Assistant Health Services Administrator (AHSA) at Corizon Health:
- Secure and Maintain Accreditation/inspections (i.e., PREA, ACA, NCCHC, etc.) at a time specified by management for the Facility. Ensure site compliance with correctional and Corizon policies and procedures.
- Direct supervision of site and oversees the day-to-day operational requirements at the site.
- Prepare and analyze daily/weekly/monthly-reporting requirements.
- Recruitment and retention of staff, including contract staffing and staff development.
- Ensure CAPs (Corrective Action Plans) are completed accurately and timely for submission.
- Coordinate the total health care delivery system at the facility.
- Prepares, analyzes, and manages the operational/contractual performance of the facility.
- Ensures staff meetings are held monthly and the minutes are maintained.
- Counsels and disciplines employees as warranted by breach of Corizon policies and procedures.
- Supervises and evaluates work performance of staff members reporting directly to him/her, provides on-going feedback to staff. Participates in annual staff evaluations.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures for the site to ensure efficient workflow.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in decision-making process, planning, directing, conserving, and controlling the management of the facility.
- Attends meetings, Regional and Corporate, as required.
- Coordinates the Annual Health Services planning process for the site.
- Upholds all rules and regulations governing patient confidentiality.
- Accepts on-call cell phone responsibilities.
- Fills in clinically as needs arises at the site, if applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Active license, if applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration/related field required. Licensed or Registered Nurse required in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of management experience in a healthcare setting, preferred.
- Correctional healthcare experience preferred.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
- Occasional travel required.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.