PassionInspirationInnovationDo you live by those? If yes, read on…
Job Title: Admissions Officer
Supervisor: Director of Admissions
Last Updated 06.17.2019
Passion…Inspiration…Innovation… Do you live by those? If yes, read on…
At Stratford University employees take enormous pride in their work and the work of the University. Stratford is not just your next job — it is a career where employees find their true calling and feel tremendous joy in making a difference in the lives of others. Every employee is empowered and encouraged to contribute innovative ideas to enhance the student experience and learning outcomes. This is made evident by our motto, “Changing lives, one student at a time.” Visit our University blog at http://www.stratford.edu/blog
You firmly believe that a college degree can open doors in the future and you are passionate when conveying this message. You feel passionate about participating in the admissions process, ensuring careful consideration is given to academic, financial and personal issues, guiding students in making the right decision for them. You will enroll students who can and will complete a Stratford degree program to fulfill their career and life goals. With the participation of cross-functional staff and faculty support team, you will help to successfully transition students into their academic program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to identify highly motivated, results driven students
- Effectively utilize interview and telephone techniques to discover the potential and interests of students
- Accurately represent and guide students in selection of appropriate academic program meeting their needs
- Engage support team to facilitate financial, registration, advising and student support activities
- Maintain self-tracking mechanisms and communications plans, following students through graduation
- Participate in intervention team activities providing direct support to at-risk students.
- Will uphold high ethical standards when conducting business regarding all students, but especially with special student populations to include international students and students on SAP
Critical Skills and Job Complexity:
- Coordinates long term communications with student prospects and applicants. (from inquiry to matriculation)
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently yet is a solid contributing member of a professional team
- Excellent communication skills – listening, interviewing, explaining and advising students.
- Knowledge and skill in the utilization of database management systems
- Committed to quality service to students, able to translate dreams into reality
- Establishes and maintains long term relationships built on trust and respect.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited school.
- Entry level position, with no prior experience required. Familiarity with academic processes and setting preferred.
- The work environment is fast paced and professional
- Employee must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions involving walk-in and telephone inquiries and requests.
- Proficiency with managing student prospect database tracking systems and using the database to generate written and electronic communications.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Flexible work schedules in the evenings and weekends as required.
It s expected that you will participate and contribute to the success of official events. The following events require your attendance and participation:
- Commencement and Graduation
- Open House
Position: Admissions Officer
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Admissions
Subsequent Supervisor: Corporate Director of Admissions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Stratford University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“Changing Lives, One Student at a Time”