Planned Parenthood of Maryland
- Full Time
Planned Parenthood of Maryland (PPM) is a not-for-profit family planning agency that provides high-quality, affordable reproductive health care for women, men, and teens. Our mission is to enable all Marylanders to have access to a wide range of high-quality, affordable reproductive health care services. We help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
Why Join us? As a Medical Assistant with PPM, you will be a part of a passionate team that plays a vital role in the lives of others! And joining PPM, means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, doctors, and clinic managers – if you want your Medical Assistant career to be a part of a passionate and diverse group – we are looking for you!
Medical Assistants perform clinical and administrative support tasks necessary for efficient center operations to ensure high quality client services and support, informed consent, client education and counseling, effective clinical support, efficient client flow, in a professional health care environment.
Overview of what you as a Medical Assistant will do:
- Provide direct patient care services in all the health center specific areas as appropriate to scope of services with adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Clinical Workflow guidelines and Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Provide empathetic, non-judgmental, non-directive educational counseling sessions to clients. Review with and give to patient all PPM education sheets concerning their visit/services/procedures and contraceptive choices. Provide information for assessment of STI risks, pregnancy, and contraceptive options consistent with patient’s value system.
- Ensure informed consent via information and education about the medical procedures, requested/required laboratory tests, and methods of contraception to assure understanding of risks and complications.
- Assure that patient is firm in decision to receive services from PPM, including medical procedures/examinations, medications, and testing. Obtain and witness all necessary consents. Document patient’s decisions on chart.
- Assist during medical examination.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Demonstrates PPM customer service standards.
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented.
- Greets clients politely and promptly and provides correct information for registration and check-out.
Health Center Operations:
- Prepares for next day appointments (confirmation calls, insurance verification).
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software. Working knowledge of Epic – helpful!
Work with Others:
- Medical Assistants have contact with employees, patients, and outside agencies, furnishing and obtaining information. Requires a cooperative and courteous attitude, as well as excellent phone and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High school diploma or GED with medical assisting certificate; OR Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program. Certified Medical Assistant – a plus!
- One year experience in an out-patient clinical setting, or education and experience equivalent to two (2) years of experience working in a healthcare setting performing back or front office medical assistant duties.
- Bilingual – a plus!
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Health care insurance through CareFirst with the choice of an HMO/ Open Access and Healthy Blue Advantage. Eligibility is the first of the month, following your day of employment.
- Flexible Spending Account: Health Care and Dependent Care. Eligibility is the first of the month, following your day of employment.
- Guardian Dental and EyeMed Vision Insurances. Eligibility is the first of the month, following your first date of employment.
- Life, AD&D Insurance: One time your basic annual earnings to a maximum of $100,000.00. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- Short-Term Disability: 60% of your weekly earnings up to a maximum benefit of $1,000.00 per week. Benefits begin on the 8th day and are payable for 25 weeks. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- Long-Term Disability: 60% of your monthly base wages for prolonged illness or injury. With a maximum monthly benefit of $10,000.00. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- PTO Accrued 1st year: 18 Days
- Employee Assistance Program. This benefit is paid for by the Company.
- Tax-Free Transportation Plan
- Other Supplemental Insurance Programs you can purchase.
- 12 paid Holidays (Eligibility is the first of the month, following your first day employment).
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Eligibility to participate is the First of the Month following your first day of Employment. After one year PPM will match 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% and 50% of the next 2%. Fidelity Investment is our 401k provide and they will mail an enrollment packet to your home address.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Planned Parenthood of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry), disability, genetic information, pregnancy, military status, or any other protected characteristics outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation, and training.
Applicants must pass Criminal Background Screening and the Right to Work in the United States.
PPM Requires COVID-19 Vaccination as part of Employment.
Planned Parenthood of Maryland Participates with E-Verify.