Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Anesthesia Technician works under the direct supervision Clinical Coordinator or Patient Care Director. The Anesthesia Technician is an integral member of the anesthesia patient care team and participates in the interdisciplinary healthcare team. The Anesthesia Technician assists in the care of patients from birth to geriatrics by providing specific technical care in addition to basic personal care, as well as maintaining the unit and the patient room in a neat and orderly fashion. The Anesthesia Technician complies with the rules of delegation and is responsible and accountable for tasks delegated by the Patient Care Director or Clinical Coordinator and cannot delegate to others what has been delegated to him / her.
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
- 2 Years Anesthesia Technician – Preferred
- BCLS certification – Required
- Consistently reviews patient survey results.
- Aactively participates in working towards the organizational and departmental goals for providing exceptional patient experiences.
- Assures quality of care and services by adhering to industry standards and measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and benchmarks established by the organization.
- Maintain department equipment by evaluating performance, and inspecting for defects. Consults the clinical coordinator or patient care director on scheduling repairs or maintenance checks with appropriate personnel.
- Assist anesthesia providers using aseptic or sterile technique with noninvasive and invasive patient procedures, including peripheral, central intravenous procedures and/or arterial line placements.
- Assist with positioning patient for regional block.
- Assist anesthesia providers with physiological monitoring of patients notifying the anesthesia provider(s) of abnormal changes in vital signs and/or physical appearance of the patient.
- Obtain supplies and equipment as requested by anesthesia providers.