Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
The Accounting Generalist is responsible for the organization and realization of the monthly and quarterly inventories. Preparation of weekly and monthly Food and Beverage product cost reports with investigation of variances, both physical and in the general ledger. Support and maintain point of sale systems. Support and assist Payroll functions.
- Prepare and analyze weekly food and beverage cost report.
- Prepare weekly tip and service charge import for payroll.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion and integrity of all month end and quarterly inventories for each of the food and beverage and retail outlets.
- Responsible for reconciliation of all inventory accounts and cost calculation on a monthly basis.
- Process inventory transfers.
- Daily write-off of house comp tickets.
- Support and maintain Micros POS database.
- Review group function tickets for accuracy to banquet event orders.
- Ensure alcoholic beverage compliance in the storerooms and outlets.
- Review monthly void report for accuracy and internal control requirements.
- Maintain proper license and permits.
- Daily interaction with Food and Beverage and Retail personnel.
- Support and assist Accounts Receivable functions as needed.
· College degree (accounting preferred) or equivalent.
· Previous hotel accounting experience highly preferred.
· Knowledge of computerized accounting system.
· Strong knowledge of spreadsheets, both building and maintaining.
· Good time management skills.
· Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and Excel.
· Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.