Porter Novelli is a global purpose communication consultancy with offices across the US and internationally in London, Mexico City, and Canada. Our mission is to work with clients to find their authentic ambition to make a positive impact on society. We craft a unique brand position and build the internal and external communication strategies that drive perception and the bottom line. We know that having a clear purpose is essential to building a customer base that will support and advocate on behalf of any organization in any situation. And we can prove that companies with recognized values and vision perform better, year over year. This is our value proposition and our heritage. It’s what sets Porter Novelli apart.
As an Account Executive on our team, you will be provided with a clearly defined and well-supported path for career growth. That growth may include working across our various business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) technology clients, such as those in consumer electronics, visualization, workplace collaboration, financial software and/or agriculture tech spaces.
What You Will Be Doing
- Plan and execute B2B and B2C client communications programs under the guidance and direction of an Account Supervisor or higher-level supervisor
- Develop and edit written materials such as press releases, fact sheets and blog posts
- Lead media relations efforts including media list development, creative pitch ideation, outreach and relationship building
- Assess media trends and identify/evaluate opportunities to amplify client priorities
- Manage key aspects of event execution, including media relations efforts, vendor coordination and staffing
- Research, provide recommendations for and lead out on client thought leadership efforts, including awards programs, speaking opportunities, and content development
- Drive social media influencer programs, including identifying, evaluating, and vetting potential influencers; conducting outreach to secure influencer participation; creating project and content briefs; and developing reports of influencer performance
- Generate ideas for programs that map to client objectives and conduct relevant research
- Lead reporting efforts including capturing and evaluating media placements using PR reporting software and developing client-facing reports with analysis of media and/or social media coverage
- Contribute to client relationship management, including general client correspondence, call and meeting participation, and oversight of project trackers and client-facing documents
The Experience That Will Contribute To Your Success
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in public relations/journalism/business/marketing, a solid grasp of social media, and acute knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- 2-3 years of PR/communications experience (PR agency experience will be advantageous)
- Proven ability to identify media opportunities, craft storylines that resonate with editors, and pitch journalists to garner client media coverage
- Strong research, writing and editing skills and the ability to evaluate and edit the work of other
- Familiarity with common PR software platforms such as Cision and/or MuckRack and ability to develop media lists tailored to specific client needs including product launches, customer announcements or research releases
- Involvement in concepting, planning, and supporting media events
- Experience implementing PR measurement and reporting strategies; understanding of common PR reporting tools and ability to generate client-facing coverage reports, including analyzing coverage trends and developing insights based on coverage
- Experience driving social media influencer programs, including identifying, vetting and engaging influencers as well as reporting on their performance
- Demonstrate knowledge of social media trends and tactics; maintain awareness of future client events and activities and how they relate to overall objective/target
- Strong social media writing and editing skills including planning editorial calendars and copywriting for social posts
- Understanding of how earned and owned content impact Google Search results for clients
Knowledge of client digital and social media marketing programsComfortable with client engagement and client relationship management
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to solve problems and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Balanced organized workstyle allowing for equal success, whether stepping up and driving work independently or collaborating with the team
- Desire to support clients in different industries across both B2B and B2C products
Our ambition is simple – to become the most passionately recommended agency in the world. If you are a communications professional that shares our Social Purpose values of embracing imagination, collaborating fiercely, digging deeply, standing up for the right idea, liberating greatness and making a positive impact there’s a home for you at Porter Novelli—Join Us.
Porter Novelli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era or other eligible veteran, age, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental handicap unrelated in nature and extent to an individual’s ability to perform a job or any other characteristic protected by the employment discrimination laws in any state or political subdivision in which Porter Novelli does business.