Opportunity at a Glance
An Account Manager at Becker Professional Education (Becker) is the face of Becker to students, clients, and business partners. As an Account Manager you will provide a high level of product knowledge about Becker, the CPA Exam, CPE requirements and other industry information to clients, partners and individual prospects at assigned universities, firms, societies, corporations and government agencies.
Becker Account Manager’s excel at growing their account revenue and enrollments by providing excellent customer service and account management. Through a consultative approach, the Becker Account Manager has the ability to provide added value to Becker partners by accurately assessing the needs of students, staff and clients in their market, and providing creative solutions for them.
- Executes all elements of a proactive local marketing and sales strategy, including interacting with external clients, prospects and organizations to provide accurate and updated information regarding the CPA Exam, CPE requirements and the accounting industry in general.
- Creates and executes account-specific strategies for all assigned and prospective accounts in order to grow revenue in an assigned territory.
- Networks, prospects and develops professional relationships with all potential and existing customers and clients.
- Identifies opportunities for new business and for growth at existing accounts and pursues those opportunities to close.
- Proactively communicates and reports progress and activity to leadership.
- Keep well-informed of competitor activities and share this information with local, regional and national teams as appropriate.
Responsibilities Specific to Universities:
- Drive enrollments and revenue on university campuses, by managing relationships with faculty and administrators, conducting appropriate events, and running successful Campus Ambassador programs.
- Establish and maintain a Campus Ambassador Program at all assigned universities. Hire, train, and provide continuous communication and support to all Campus Ambassadors.
- Build, maintain and strengthen new and existing relationships with university administrators, faculty, student leaders, and student prospects, in order to generate sales inquiries.
- Identify opportunities for academic partnership and discuss with Accounting or Business Department leadership (Dean, Department Chair, key faculty). Assist with negotiation of contractual agreements and contract renewals as appropriate.
Responsibilities Specific to Firms/Corporations/Government Agencies/Societies and Other Organizations:
- Drive revenue growth at firms, corporations and government agencies by establishing, maintaining and strengthening relationships with new and existing contacts.
- Work closely with state societies and other applicable national, state and local organizations to provide information and education regarding all Becker Professional Education products.
- Identify opportunities for partnership or account growth and discuss with key contacts at each account. Assist with negotiation of contractual agreements and contract renewals as appropriate.
- Conduct account management for each assigned account, including assisting with student-related customer service issues that arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements for the role including the education, experience, knowledge and skills required to competently perform in this position. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, sales, marketing, or related discipline.
- A minimum of three years experience in marketing, sales, or account management required.
- Experience working remotely a plus.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals and objectives.
- Working knowledge of the accounting and finance industries preferred but not required.
- Capability to handle complex customer situations, geographically expansive territories and stretch assignments as requested.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM System and WebEx systems is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift 30 to 40 lbs.
Travel for this role is estimated at 60% with some overnight travel required. Must have reliable transportation.
Must be able to cover any related travel expenses up front (hotels, meals, gas, etc.), on a regular basis with regular reimbursements from Becker.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
Becker has prepared people for greatness from more than 2,900 firms, associations, alliance partners, universities, and government agencies. Becker has helped more than one million CPA candidates prepare for taking the CPA Exam. For more than 60 years, Becker has led the industry through an exceptional network of relationships and a diverse catalogue of deep resources, engaging content, and expert instructors.
Becker provides CPA Exam Review, CMA Exam Review, and CPE (Continued Professional Education) with expert instructors, high-quality content, flexible learning formats including on-demand resources and webcasts. Learn more about Becker Professional Education, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.becker.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Adtalem Global Education, the parent organization to Becker, we pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.