Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa’s success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company’s trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
$250 SIGN ON BONUS!
Omni Hotels & Resorts is seeking ACCOUNTING GENERALIST for the beautiful new Barton Creek Resort & Spa!
If you love hospitality, creating amazing customer experiences, and the structure and benefits that come from working with a hotel company then you will love working with Omni! We are proud to announce that we are the highest rated hotel company on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list!
Responsible for general accountant responsibilities performing miscellaneous accounting activities while ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Main responsibility will be general accounting duties and functions in areas of need within the Finance Department.
- Assist in handling customer and vendor inquiries in a timely efficient manner, including but not limited to researching and resolving customer issues as well as vendor requests.
- Assist with the processing of all invoices and checks for payment.
- Assist with reconciling vendor statements and solving discrepancies.
- Assist with accounts receivable functions and duties.
- Assist in maintaining complete and accurate files in order to handle vendor and group billing inquires.
- Assist with Generating Daily Labor and Revenue Reports as needed.
- Assist departments with general ledger research and re-class entries.
- Assist with GL Functions (Entry Creation, Viewing Entries, Copy and Print, Run Queries).
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts as assigned.
- Display and effectively communicate Omni Culture.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all Omni Finance SOPs.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as assigned.
- Assist with Audit requests.
- Assist with special projects.
- Prepare and distribute the various reports when needed.
- Maintain open communication with all departments.
- Perform other tasks requested by Accounting Manager, Assistant Directors of Finance and Director of Finance.
- Minimum of 6 months accounting administrative experience, to include hotel front office experience, within past three years. Hotel accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- College degree or formal accounting education preferred.
- Previous experience in high customer contact environment; with previous experience answering customer questions and handling customer concerns.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management, and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to input information accurately and efficiently into computer systems.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions with strong problem-solving skills
- Developed computer proficiencies, particularly with Microsoft Office, with ability to operate printer, photocopier, and telephone.
- Maintain professional appearance offering a positive experience to all guests.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- The ability to meet scheduling demands to include Monday-Friday office hours and weekends as needed.
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Requires the ability to sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.