Advanced Application Developers are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Works closely with business users, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
The Advanced Applications Developer reports to the Software Development Manager – ITAM and can be performed remote or in SHI’s Milton Keynes, UK or Somerset NJ office locations.
SHI UK has been established for over 20 years, growing from a small satellite office to now our EMEA headquarters, with the support from our International partners and colleagues. We offer the opportunity to progress and develop a career within the IT Industry while working in a diverse, fun environment containing a range of departments and specialisms.
With our organic growth and stability within the EMEA market, we are able to provide a variety of technology products, solutions and services to businesses including Cloud Computing, Data Centre Infrastructure, Networking and Security solutions, Configuration and Integration services, Enterprise Mobility and IT Asset Management.
SHI provides innovative solutions and world-class support, as standard, from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., the U.K, Republic of Ireland, Canada, France, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Include but not limited to:
- Write and maintain documentation for applications and processes
- Understand client requirements and how they translate to application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Write high quality source code (using C#, .NET, Angular, JSON, CSS, HTML, and emerging technologies) to implement application features within project deadlines
- Design, implement, and maintain test plans for new and existing projects
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Develop code pipeline jobs and procedures
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor and add new features
- Perform design and code reviews and help maintain code quality, performance and application responsiveness
- Resolve support issues related to deployed applications.
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to the information processed, stored or accessed
- Engage in Project Architecture Reviews to help maintain code quality, performance and adhere to best practices
- Monitor and analyze application and process performance and take action to address deficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 2+ years of experience programming with C#, Angular, .NET, JSON, HTML
- 2+ years of experience developing REST APIs
- 2+ years of experience developing Angular SPAs
- 2+ years of experience using AWS S3, SQS, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS
- A solid understanding of SQL and relational database systems
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security and best development practices
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems and development tools
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex subject matter- both verbally and written
- Ability self-manage, take initiative and be resourceful
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and complete tasks with efficiency and accuracy
- Independent learner
- Certifications as an application developer
- ITAM experience
- SPA development experience
- API development experience
- AWS experience
- Azure experience
- Visual Studio experience
- Git experience
- Jira experience
- Jenkins experience
- Splunk experience
- Postman experience
- Extended hours are required to complete some special projects
- FLSA: Exempt
- Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.