The 1,000 plus room Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport is expected to open early 2021 and will be a one-of-a-kind, two-tower, luxury property. The new hotel, located at 450 Summer Street in South Boston’s Seaport District, will feature a signature spa and fitness center, event terrace, elevated pool deck, multiple dining establishments, bar and a variety of retail venues. It will boast more than 100,000 square feet of meeting and event space and feature the largest hotel ballroom in Boston.
To monitor and review accounting activities for the hotel including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, Income audit, and assist with month end closing.
- Responsible for training and assisting with the following duties: Income Audit, Accounts Receivable, cash duties, Month-End Closing.
- Ensures that the processing of all invoices is completed in a timely manner; takes advantage of all applicable discounts.
- Ensures that all exceptions are handled timely with the proper department to ensure payment is timely.
- Reviews unclaimed payables account at least monthly based on the corporate un-cashed checks. Communicate with vendors as needed to ensure compliance with state escheat laws.
- Prepare weekly/monthly tax-exempt file documentation to use with the tax reconciliations.
- Completes daily tax reconciliation, ensuring all exemptions are properly supported
- Review’s night audit questions from 3rd party and ensures response is complete and accurate.
- Distributes analysis of comp checks, allowances, and adjustments to appropriate departments.
- Balances credit card batches to submissions, researching and resolving any variances.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies related to payroll, service charges and gratuities.
- Run monthly reports as required for month-end and tip reporting purposes
- Assist in preparation of Balance Sheet analysis.
- Assist with preparing customer invoices or posting payments as needed.
- Monitor email box from 3rd party to ensure questions/issues get responded to timely.
- Demonstrates initiative in performance of job responsibilities and acceptance of added duties outside of job description. Uses sound judgment in solving problems, using all available resources, and makes appropriate decisions to accomplish desired results.
- Complies with all hotel policies and procedures and assists others with understanding and compliance with established standards.
- Customer Service Responsibility:
- Presents self in a professional manner including appearance, identification, and general communication and conduct at all times.
- Makes a positive contribution to the work environment through presentation of positive attitude, demonstration of cooperation and teamwork, and constructive teamwork approach to daily events.
- Attendance: Adheres to established schedule of work hours. Follows established procedures for early notification to supervisor when unable to report to work.
- Punctuality: Arrives to work at scheduled times and works until authorized to leave.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Knowledge of PMS, POS, Purchasing and back-office accounting systems
- Extensive use of Excel with minimum of moderate level skills
- Position requires extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Access, and Outlook
- Use of cash recycler machine as part of cash duties
Tools and Equipment:
- Computer and printer, telephone, pen/pencil, photocopier, file folders, filing cabinet, and facsimile machine
- Cash recycler machine.
- Use of Kronos time clock.
- This position operates in an office environment. The nature of the job at times requires the working of nights, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interior of hotel with exposure to all areas including coolers, freezers, kitchens, and general office areas.
- Previous experience in hospitality finance environment preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Accounting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, exceptional organizational skills, an ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible and able to work some weekends.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.