The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting with activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities and systems. This position participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation. In this role you may be required to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Update schedule with supplied information.
- Follow up and maintain timely material deliveries.
- Assist in estimating and soliciting subcontractors in the bidding and pricing process.
- Checkout qualifications of subcontractors. Review same for final approval with Project Manager.
- Assist in maintain the Job Cost Report, ledgers, and cost.
- Maintain SBI report.
- Assist in preparing, reviewing for accuracy and issuing change orders to subcontractors, and material vendors.
- Assist in preparing monthly pay applications and obtaining lien releases from subcontractors and vendors as needed.
- Prepare meeting minutes for all on site meetings with subcontractors and Owner.
- Prepare and monitor all requests for information (RFI’s) and maintain RFI Log.
- Receive, review, check and monitor the entire submittal process.
- Maintain current construction documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field preferred
- 1-3 years experience in the construction industry required
- Experience with construction project management software such as Viewpoint, Revit and VICO, BIM, MS Excel and MS Word required
- LEED AP and/or Design-Build Institute of America a plus
- Valid Driver’s License required
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
Hoar Holdings is an EOE – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities