Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators’ experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues.
Daktronics, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing, sales, and service of large screen video displays, scoreboards, and computer programmable display systems. Daktronics excels in the control of large display systems, including those that require integration of complex multiple displays showing real time information, graphics, animation, and video. We maintain offices and subsidiaries worldwide, including locations in Ireland, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, China, and Hong Kong.
Our Accounting Intern will work in the finance/accounting department at Daktronics. The finance/accounting team serves Daktronics stakeholders – employees, customers, vendors, shareholders, and community. Our work is focused on enabling Daktronics’ success by being trusted advisors, guiding or supporting company compliance and risk management efforts, being operationally excellent, and developing ourselves and the team. We have the responsibility to prepare accurate financial statements, as well as provide useful financial information to various departments within Daktronics. As part of this responsibility, the accounting department assists in internal control design, subsidiary financial information, and other key business activities.
Internship opportunities available: January 10 – August 12, 2022, or May 16 – December 16, 2022. There is some flexibility with these dates.
Our Accounting Intern may experience the following areas:
General ledger accounting and SEC reporting:
- Assist with month-end financial close processes.
- Journal entry maintenance.
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable duties.
- Preparation of schedules for SEC filings.
- Financial statement preparation and publication.
- Assist with financial statement audit and internal control audits.
- Assist with month-end reconciliation process.
- Maintain and publish key reports for manufacturing and inventory items.
- Assist in analysis of labor and overhead rates.
- Prepare analysis by various costing methodologies.
- Support monitoring for system and transaction errors and make corrections.
- Assist with Services Accounting (billing, warranty accounting, and reporting).
- Sales Tax Filing (monthly/quarterly sales tax return preparation).
- Project accounting duties (monitoring under billings).
- Daily cash reporting and internal control testing.
- Cash flow monitoring and reporting.
- The preferred candidate will be a full-time student of at least junior status currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program in an accounting or business related field. Students who will start the internship the semester immediately following undergraduate Bachelor’s degree graduation will also be considered.
- Required to take a semester off from school to pursue the internship if not a graduate. Duration of internship will be a semester and a summer.
- Must be able to commit to 40 hours per week.
- Work through the Cooperative Education Internship Program with accredited university and Faculty Coordinator to arrange for credit while participating in this 7-month internship, if applicable.
- Required GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Unofficial transcripts or web transcripts must be submitted with application to be considered for this internship.
- Avid interest in accounting and tax operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Motivated to learn and become proficient in Daktronics specific ERP software.
- Proficient user of general Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Excel and Word.
- Self-motivated, flexible and organized, and strong need to work as a team player.
- Ability to travel by air and ground. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.