Do you have Accounts Payable experience and thrive in working in a fast paced environment?
Sodexo has a new opening for an Accounting Assistant 2 in the Accounts Payable department of our Financial Shared Services Center in Cheektowaga, NY which handles accounting for all of our North American operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Research, resolve, and process past due and paid wrong vendor invoices using the AP adjustment process and SAP.
- Research and monitor invoice processing issues related to electronic invoicing vendors.
- Audit and correct vendor invoices processed by site operators using Sodexo financial systems UFS and The Market Connection (TMC).
- Provide customer service to both Sodexo cost centers responsible for invoice processing and vendors inquiring about past due invoices and payment status.
- Provide support for AP check status requests, process stop payments, and void checks.
- Provide guidance to Sodexo Units related to Accounts Payable policies and procedures
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) line support.
- Distribution of incoming Accounts Payable mail (on-site task).
- Perform special projects as needed
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are/have:
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years Accounts Payable experience (SAP preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Accounts Payable policies and procedures
- Proficient Using Outlook, Excel, and web-based applications
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo’s Benefits.
Not the job for you?At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.Working for Sodexo:How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Performs various clerical/accounting functions in support of the company’s or department’s financial tracking, processing and reporting requirements. May involve general accounts payable/receivable or related financial areas. Work is mostly structured, with procedures and guidelines available as to how assignments are to be completed. However, may occasionally be required to develop alternative solutions and approaches.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.