Company Overview and Values
Why work at Entegris?
Lead. Inspire. Innovate. Define Your Future.
Not everyone who works for a global company shares the same background, experiences and perspectives. We leverage the differences of our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Every employee throughout the company is encouraged to share input on projects and initiatives. Our decision making process is truly a collaborative effort as we realize there are leaders at every level of the organization. We put our values at the core of how we operate as an organization — not just when it’s convenient, but in a lasting and meaningful way. We want the time and energy you spend here to have a positive impact on your life inside and outside of the office.
Entegris is a values-driven culture and our employees rally around our core PACE values:
Entegris is growing! Come help design, deliver, and optimize the products that help produce some of the most important semiconductor devices in the world. Be a part of a team and organization that is pushing the boundaries of chemical manufacturing and analytical chemistry!
Entegris is seeking an experienced Analytical Chemist who will work on cutting edge techniques to push our metrology capabilities for our Specialty Chemical business unit products to the next level. You will develop new analytical methods, lead various analytical capability improvements, maintain analytical equipment, develop new products and improve current products. Additionally, you will support customer requests and work closely and effectively with Sales, Marketing, Research and Engineering.
This role is based in Burnet, TX.
In this role you will
- Use product and testing expertise to collaborate with internal and external customers to determine root causes in product development and quality problems
- Respond to customers’ feedback on technical problems and improve product value as well as customer satisfaction
- Perform material characterizations using analytical instruments
- Solve customers’ quality complaints and provide solutions to their technical issues
- Participate in technology exchanges with customers by visiting and tele-conferencing
- Promote Entegris’s image by participating in industrial conferences and seminars
- Continuous training on the various analytical techniques and methods
- Document work in internal reporting systems, external publications, and patent applications
Traits we believe make a strong candidate
- Ph.D. or MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar area of study AND at least 5 years of relevant professional experience is preferred; BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar area of study will be considered with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Lab instrument operations and maintenance experience required for some but not all of the following equipment: KF titration, GC/GC-MS, IC/IC-MS, LC/LC-MS, STA, FTIR, Raman, NMR, ICP-MS, ICP-OES
- ICP-MS experience is highly preferred
- Must have hands on experience with sample preparation techniques for complex matrices
- Must be willing to work with potentially dangerous chemistries using industry standard safety protocols
- Experience with Semiconductor analytical method development requirements strongly preferred (protocols for determining instrument/method detection limits, accuracy, linearity, precision and robustness)
- Intimate knowledge of instrument software controls to eliminate manual manipulation of data strongly preferred
- Basic computer knowledge, including MS Office required; must be proficient in excel
- LIMS experience preferred
- JMP and Minitab statistical software experience preferred
- Prior experience working in a chemical/gas manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with applicable quality tools such as control chart trend analysis, SQC/SPC, process mapping, design of experiments and CAPA preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a passion for learning and teaching
- Self-starting leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be responsible for more than one project at a time
- Ability to operate in a global environment
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to face difficult and challenging situations
- Ability to travel 10% of time, some international
Your success will be measured by
- Utilizes advanced knowledge and training in method development, validation/verification
- Utilizes hands-on and theoretical knowledge of various analytical instruments for quality control and R&D samples
- Involvement in industry related activities to better Entegris’ position in the industry
- Applies skills to develop a series of more complex procedures or experiments or performs technical tasks requiring a significant degree of competence, knowledge, skill and training
- Utilizes knowledge of a wide variety of chemistry tests, analyses or experimental techniques using standard lab equipment
- Creates, coordinates, and maintains work schedules, projects, instruments, facilities and documentation while exercising independent judgment
- Confers with process engineers, development scientists, and manufacturing personnel regarding results and research, prepares technical reports and presentations to promote learning
- Complete lab work safely
- Proven ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-language team environment
What we offer:
Our total rewards package goes above and beyond just a paycheck. Whether you’re looking to build your career, improve your health, or protect your wealth, we offer generous benefits to help you achieve your goals.
- Very Competitive total compensation plans.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future with an impressive employer match that’s all yours- no vesting!
- Great health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- A progressive PTO policy that empowers our employees to take the time they need to recharge!
At Entegris we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital or military status.