Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they’re all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Karbon is hiring a full-time Account Executive to join our team in the US to capitalize on expanding demands as the industry undergoes a significant shift to support working remotely while continuing to provide a world-class experience for all new and future customers.
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, you will be responsible for managing numerous leads and opportunities, providing them with a world-class experience, converting them into customers, and ultimately helping them succeed. Our Account Executives respond to prospects promptly, ask questions to understand their needs, and tailor their presentations to demonstrate how Karbon can solve their challenges.
As an Account Executive, you will…
- Book demos and discovery calls with inbound leads who show interest in our product and/or sign up for a trial of Karbon, asking questions to understand their needs and converting qualified prospects into successful Karbon customers
- Promptly respond to incoming sales and email inquiries
- Maintain and expand your portfolio of prospects, including proactively engaging with and rewarming former prospects
- Build and maintain a pipeline and provide accurate weekly forecasts
- Ensure accurate and timely updates of information (call/meeting notes, supporting documentation, etc.) in Salesforce
- Demonstrate how Karbon’s value propositions align with clients’ requirements
Candidates with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Physically located in the US and comfortable working with a remote, international team
- 2-5 years of inside sales experience selling SaaS products to small and medium-sized businesses with a track record of exceeding quota
- Previous outbound sales experience
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and ultimately work independently in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- A friendly, but assertive, demeanor
- Team player with a strong work ethic who is self-motivated and driven by results
- High level of proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken
- “A“ player who is hungry to learn, can think on their feet, identify solutions to prospects’ challenges, and can convince them to become valued customers of Karbon
Bonus points if you have:
- Accounting or tax industry experience
- Previous experience working at a company that sells Workflow, Accounting, or Project Management software
- Startup environment experience
The team members you’ll be working most directly with are:
- Tim Donohoue
- Scott Gerdzunas
- Danielle Rathje
Why work at Karbon?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy – we’re not going to monitor how or where you work)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position