Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role:
As a member of Forrester’s premier user east sales team, the Account Manager is responsible for cultivating and managing strong relationships, driving client engagement, and pursuing growth opportunities within a portfolio of Forrester’s premier accounts. By capitalizing on changing markets and digital disruption, the successful candidate will support clients in implementing business transformations and customer-obsessed strategies that will drive client growth in the age of the customer. As a trusted advisor to business and technology executives, this individual will build long-term relationships with leaders who drive and influence the growth of their business.
Preferably with prior experience in selling business services to senior-level executives in a highly competitive market, candidates must excel at finding and closing new business, maintaining and building on current relationships, and commanding presence with their strong business acumen. Success in this position requires a transparent and repeatable sales process.
The Account Manager must meet monthly and quarterly quotas, which will require upselling and cross-selling to existing clients. This entails significant prospecting efforts within client accounts to generate consistent, new pipeline by daily demonstrating Forrester’s capabilities and business fit to top executives.
- Maintain and develop client relationships within an existing account base.
- Understand client missions and desired business outcomes to align with and propose appropriate services.
- Cross-sell to close appropriate new business from new buyers/suborganizations within client accounts. Sell primarily to senior management (program/mission leaders) at prospect accounts.
- Maintain the minimum weekly/daily metrics for the role and an appropriate sales pipeline of five times quota.
- Produce accurate and timely forecasts.
- Develop a complete understanding of Forrester’s full array of product offerings, with an emphasis on custom deliverables.
- Translate products and solutions into positive business outcomes.
- Understand the changing business and technology issues and needs that our clients face.
- Work with vertical and horizontal research and consulting teams to better understand the Forrester value proposition for clients and prospects.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three-plus years of experience in managing complex client relationships across the enterprise, achieving new business revenue goals, and managing personal sales strategies.
- Sales success with senior technology, marketing, and/or customer experience roles.
- The confidence and willingness to make cold calls and book meetings.
- The ability to work closely with managers, team leads, and partners to learn how to navigate client organizations and opportunities effectively at Forrester.
- Effective organization and time management skills; impeccable written and phone communication skills.
- A results-oriented team player.
- A fast learner who is at ease with technology.
- Strong business acumen.
- Coachability and a student mentality.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.