Able Services is the largest family-owned provider of engineering, janitorial and facilities management solutions in the U.S. Since 1926, Able has consistently delivered world class service at a competitive value. Working together, we deliver valuAble work-life experiences to over one billion square feet of real estate.
Able Engineering Services (AES) provides onsite stationary engineering and facility maintenance services throughout the U.S and offers best-in-class facility engineering services for efficient, transformative facility operations to all types of real estate. Able Services is the industry-leading provider of Facility Engineering solutions delivering a clean, healthy, and efficiently run facility.
Able’s approach to facility engineering services is to deliver a high-quality operations plan, safety plan, and preventive maintenance program, and furnish the engineering labor and technical support essential to maintain a facility’s mechanical, electrical, plumbing and utility systems. We are also committed to providing responsive, excellent service to the complete satisfaction of our clients and their tenants.
Who We Are
Able Services is a team of diverse, highly skilled, and talented people who lead with integrity and respect, celebrate collaboration and teamwork, provide value to our customers, promote sustainability and personal effectiveness in all we do. We are ‘Service at Work.
Our staff includes highly skilled professionals with engineering expertise and indispensable technical know-how to meet key facilities management objectives. This expertise is multi-faceted and includes maintenance of most mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and utility systems and equipment.
Our clients range from large multi-tenant office buildings to single-user mid and high-rise corporate headquarters and administrative office facilities. We also serve corporate and university campuses, data centers, high-tech and bio-tech research, medical, manufacturing, and warehousing facilities.
We are in search of a highly skilled Assistant Chief Engineer to join our dynamic team in Century City!
The Assistant Chief Engineer (Union), under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, directs the activities of the engineering staff and associated service contractors required to provide maintenance of the buildings, grounds, and related fixed and portable equipment, minor construction, and equipment installation.
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for supporting the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able Engineering Services’ operational standards and guidelines, as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
If you’re looking for an opportunity with a competitive benefits package and to be appreciated while in the driver’s seat of your career, your search is complete. We have a great history of providing excellent career opportunities for sharp, energetic people.
- Provides management for engineering staff at the direction of the Chief Engineer.
- Performs and administers the necessary preventive maintenance and operations work orders as well as provides applicable quality assurance inspections. Reports and collaborates with Chief Engineer on status and findings. Recommends improvements to the program and implements as directed.
- Provides hands-on and classroom training for engineering staff and promotes an environment of learning and development.
- Provides and manages stock levels on all engineering equipment and parts.
- Schedule all activities of the Stationary Engineers and inspects work performed and materials used. Evaluates all work orders and assess priorities and distribute them to responsible staff for action, monitor progress, and adjust resources to accommodate emergency maintenance requests.
- Reviews incomplete work orders and informs requestor of schedule changes. Provide regular reports to the Chief Engineer regarding any scheduled work delayed for parts, emergencies, or other reasons.
- Schedule engineers for regular workdays, holidays, and vacation relief.
- Prepares labor and material purchase requisitions and distributes for approval.
- Maintain self-improvement program and keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, maintenance procedures and emergency response regarding hazardous materials.
- Consistently maintain appearance that is appropriate, safe, and in accordance with Able Engineering Services standards. Always display clean and visible identification.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and site-specific policies and procedures.
- Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Maintain building as-built drawings. Read, interpret, and understand.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Assist in planning and forecasting 5-year plans.
- Report to management of the facility related issues.
- Works with management on plant related and tenant related issues.
- Develop, maintain and update the preventive maintenance program to comply with Able Engineering Services, industry standards and site-specific requirements.
- Set and maintain a professional work environment with staff.
- Assure good communication.
- Ensure standards of service and commitment.
- Ensure compliance with safe practices and standards.
- Develop goals for department, staff and self.
- Build morale and a team approach.
- Compliance with employment laws.
- Support growth opportunities and potential.
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Assistant Chief Engineer. Prefer 3+ years progressive operations experience.
- Strong employee relation skills, coaching skills and training skills
- As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for stationary engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license
- BOMA accredited courses desirable
- Preferred: High-rise Fire Safety Director, Haz-Mat Certification, Indoor Air Quality Certification, LEED Certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience required
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred