Company Pandemic Response
Ensuring the health and safety of everyone that works at CO-OP is of primary importance to us. The majority of our organization continues to be in a work-from-home status. This allows for better social distancing practices for those of our employees that do remain in our office locations. We continue to work diligently to maintain everyone’s health and safety by keeping the facilities clean, having everyone screened for temperatures upon entry and providing information about symptoms and what to do if employees feel sick. Our COVID response team has been working tirelessly since March and continues to provide transparent communication around COVID cases and re-entry plans.
We are seeking a talented Application Developer lll to design, develop, test, maintain, and support complex applications that are secure, scalable, and robust. The Developer III will provide senior programming skills and will lead larger, high impact projects while mentoring less senior developers. Will be fully proficient and possess a wide range of specialized skills and job knowledge.
- This position is fully-remote. That means we are open to talent across the country and the person in this position will be able to continue working remotely even after we transition back into our physical office locations.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Develop and maintain new and existing technology systems and applications for the benefit of internal and external customers.
- Develop appropriate requirements, scope, and estimates.
- Actively supports strategic future, culture and leadership practices.
- Provide oversight to project team members on development best practices. Assist with coding questions as needed.
- Provide leadership in the development of technical application design documents on complex projects.
- Perform unit testing of all coding changes with the goal of providing a stable production environment. Provide oversight and final testing of code from other project team members.
- Build and maintain applications in such a way that exceeds regulatory requirements. Security is a critical design requirement and data, systems, and applications must be protected at all points of the development lifecycle.
- Proactively pursue development opportunities and show expected progress on learning plan.
- Build trust with our internal & external partners in our knowledge and delivery of technology.
- Work with a team that is fundamentally changing the way that CO-OP Financial Services delivers software utilizing cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Analyzes business scenarios and identifies opportunities for technically innovative solutions and improvements.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree, or equivalent experience can be substituted for degree.
- Experience with ReactJS or similar frameworks would be a plus.
- Understanding of the CI/CD pipelines and how to automate processes.
- Proven experience developing RESTful API’s.
- Manages database tables, views, procedures, and data within Microsoft SQL Server.
- Thorough knowledge of Modern OS architecture concepts and communications protocols.
- Fundamental experience in the Agile methodology (Scrum & Kanban preferred).
- Partner with Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Technical Product Owners to define features.
- Advanced knowledge of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Advanced analytical, design and problem-solving skills at multi-product/multi-environment level to troubleshoot system defects and mitigate the issues they cause.
- Strong skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation. Understanding and awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express and document complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional project team.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve; cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.