You could be the one who changes everything for our 25 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. Application Software Engineer will be working with Microservices and application development that will enable our members/providers the ability to get their health information in a timely manner.
As Application Software Engineer, you will:
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code using SOLID principles
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Work with various IT/Business teams to ensure delivery of desired functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs
- Contribute to the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Contribute to overall solution design
- Responsible for build and test of applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and complex performance tuning
- Be a representative of development team during business design sessions and architecture reviews to ensure delivery aligns with expectations
- Participate in Code Reviews and support QA initiatives to ensure high-quality delivery
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off including paid holidays
- Health insurance coverage for you and dependents
- 401(k) and stock purchase plans
- Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development
Additionally you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Good Knowledge of full Software Development Life Cycle SDLC.
- Experienced in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Maintenance of applications using Java/J2EE Technologies
- Develop applications, components and Microservices based on a Java/Angular or ReactJS technology stack.
- Experience with front-end HTML5, CSS, JS, JSON, and XML development
- Experience in using frameworks and tools like Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JPA
Excellent knowledge of Oracle
- NOSQL on Mongo is a plus
- Healthcare experience a plus.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.