Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Mission: Be part of FBN’s Shared Services team and help to provide exceptional customer service to our farmers, our vendors and our employees.
This position is a key member of the procure-to-pay team within shared services, and it requires a detailed understanding of accounts payable and payment processes, systems, controls and policies. For example, knowledge of invoice to purchase order matching, payment / expense processing, and vendor onboarding are very helpful. The role will help maintain the internal control environment and improve efficiencies surrounding accounts payable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process 3 way match PO invoices within AP software and NetSuite
- Enter and code non-purchase order invoices appropriately based on the nature of the expenditure and the applicable project
- Monitor the accounts payable aging report to ensure unpaid invoices are paid in a timely manner while communicating with managers to ensure overdue invoices are addressed with vendor
- Communicate with vendors, purchasing and supply chain to resolve inquiries regarding invoices and payment status
- File and maintain vendor files
- Perform accounts payable reconciliation monthly
- Process employee expense reimbursement requests
- Assist in monthly credit card report submissions
- 1099 maintenance as required
- Reconcile vendor statements, and research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in the process of verifying, logging and mailing checks
- Assist in gathering and compiling data to generate monthly expense analysis and other relevant reports for accounts payable and expense reporting
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Previous accounting enterprise (ERP) system experience a strong plus
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, and reliable
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of agriculture industry is a strong plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.