At FCB Chicago, the Account Director is the agency’s commissioner to the client. We want a person who understands the client’s needs beyond marketing and looks deeper at their partnership with the agency. This person takes a leadership role in strategy development and ensures that the strategy maps back to the client’s goals. The Account Director is a proactive and effective partner with all cross-functional team members. We want someone with the ability to champion ideas, inspire great work and effectively defend and persuade the agency POV to the client. Someone who knows a good idea when they see it.
- Uses interpersonal savvy to rally internal and external Agency resources to help bring long-term, strategic recommendations to life
- Sees the client business through a 360-degree lens and identifies out-of-the box ideas and opportunities
- Builds one-on-one relationships with senior level clients to foster a partnership with the agency
- Manages needs of team members to maximize learning and productivity while minimizing turnover
- Adopts a proactive approach to anticipating internal and external concerns
- Owns the crucial ability to reactively address and remedy current as well as unanticipated situations
- Has the ability to provide big picture strategic thinking, vision and insights to drive big ideas and initiatives
- Possesses collaborative leadership skills that encourage team cooperation and motivate relationship-building
- Is enthusiastic about business and passionate about marketing
- Is self-confident in oral, written, strategic and analytical abilities
- Has earned a bachelor’s degree
- Has 6 years of relevant industry experience
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that an employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions, reserving the right to revise the job description at any time.
It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.