Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Account Manager plays a pivotal role in maintaining client success by providing exceptional service and value to our clients. The Account Manager is responsible for day-to-day execution of programs for a marquee client in the consumer financial category, and is the direct liaison between the internal departments and the client. The Account Manager also supports the organization’s strategic, tactical and support functions (creative, production, media, technology, and analytics) to achieve the client and company objectives.
- Serve as the primary conduit between the client and Merkle business/support teams
- Manage multiple project timelines and resources across digital media and other performance marketing channels
- Provide leadership to the internal Merkle team on behalf of the client
- Accountable for setting internal communication plans/methodology
- Contribute to marketing strategies, testing, and execution of client programs
- Drive creative development and delivery management for omni channel campaigns including: creative briefs, developing and reviewing creative versions, collaborating on the development of test and learn plans
- Coordinate internal and external client meetings; responsible for daily communication with key client contacts
- Ensure timeliness and quality of client deliverables to include campaign counts, reports, change requests and proposals.
- Serve as first line point of contact for error resolution
- Produce and interpret project and financial reports, billing, and invoicing for internal and external reference
- Ensure on time, on strategy, accurate program execution
- Effectively lead and motivate internal team to produce best in class work
- Foster a collaborative and high-achieving internal dynamic team
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years+ in client services/account management for a digital performance marketing agency or a combination of agency and relevant client-side work.
- Creative management experience is mandatory; direct mail knowledge will be highly considered.
- Financials Services experience preferred
- Experience collaborating with remote team members
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, response metrics and trends
- Proven experience managing client relationships, especially sensitive issues, and effectively problem solve; ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-changing environment
- Willingness to travel overnight when needed
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the “Company“) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.