The Account Manager’s key responsibility is to manage all post sale ROP, Preprint, and Digital workflow, campaign management, internal/external client contact and issue resolutions, so that the Sales Rep can prioritize new/incremental revenue generation. The Account Manager is the primary, internal and external contact, for all post sale campaigns. The Account Manager assures all campaigns receive “white glove” service by overseeing a smooth & timely onboarding process, accurate campaign ordering & execution, correct billing, initial KPI achievement, etc. Post campaign launch, the Account Manager remains the primary internal/external day to day contact, managing all post sale workflow and ensuring nothing less than 100% customer satisfaction. Aligns all goals to Tribune’s strategic plan to ensure continuous improvements and customer-focused quality, proactive focus and engagement to insure maximum revenue attainment across all product lines.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
- Responsible for personal workflow and balance as well contributing to the success of region.
- Pre campaign launch, overseeing a smooth & timely onboarding experience, accurate campaign ordering & execution, correct billing, initial KPI achievement, etc.
Work with the customer directly on assets, revisions, approvals on creative, targeting, URLs, etc. needed properly traffic and fulfill the order
- Should customer provide info or direction that contradicts the submitted IO, Account Manager clarifies with the seller before proceeding
- Before processing, ensure new contracts are signed and all billing/account information are accurate.
- Serves as point person with downstream operational teams (Digital fulfillment, Creative, Preprint Logistics, Prepress, Layout etc.) to limit discrepancies on ad orders by reviewing for accuracy, communicating findings and providing timely resolution recommendations.
Work with Shared Services Order Entry team to:
- Order and bill for IO products
- Reserve premium ad positions, print and digital
- Clarify or research order or billing questions
- Prepare requested Memo Bills
- Make changes to schedules, billing, ad sizes, color, material sources
- Order rush or late ads
- Process adjustments to accounts
- Order prepayments
- Work with Creative team (if necessary) to build creative/ ad units for campaign execution
- Work with events team on events marketing fulfillment
- Work with Studio on implementation of Branded Content
- Set up new accounts with e-invoicing, e-ad upload, and e-ad proofing, credit application, as appropriate.
- Reviews insertion orders for accuracy, resolves IO discrepancies by verifying correct rate usage, distribution, etc.
- Ensuring that post sale customer digital campaign KPI’s are being met through regular check ins with Digital Engineers. If not, asking why and seeing to it that a fix is forthcoming.
- Ensures swift resolution of inaccuracies by verifying details with sales
- Serves as direct liaison with BLM on billing reconciliation tasks, resolves credit locks, process adjustments and tracks credit applications.
- Managing contract expiration dates, partnering with their Sales Reps on renewal strategies and taking part in client facing renewal presentations as requested.
- Keeping Sales Rep informed of day-to-day issues and key areas of client concern as they apply to overall programs and campaigns.
Work with Regional Market Ops Manager/Lead on:
- Early deadlines
- Special Sections
- Training on ordering new packages
- Approving makegoods
- Escalated issues
- Maintains and actively pursues an advanced working knowledge of relevant computer systems used in the department and a general understanding of computer systems in general.
- Other duties as required and assigned necessary to meet Departmental and Region objectives.
Basic foundation skills:
- Minimum 1 year of experience within a sales support, sales operations or project management.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills and computer literacy.
- Must have a strong customer focus that conveys responsiveness and competence
- Requires a high proficiency with standard office technology, including Microsoft products and the ability to learn new and proprietary internal systems.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to include areas of negotiating, motivating, written and verbal communication.
- Capable of independent decision making and accountability for actions.
- Works under the constrains of very tight deadlines and sometime stressful situations.
- Must be able to work with video display terminal for long periods of time and type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Able to make decisions and understand their impact to the business.
- Show a high degree of self-motivation and work well within an individual and team environment
- Organized, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prepare and analyze information.
- Working knowledge of policies and practices.
A minimum of one year of experience within a sales support, sales operations or project management. Excellent communication skills and computer literacy with a high proficiency with standard office technology, including Microsoft products and the ability to learn new and proprietary internal systems.
Tribune Publishing Company is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.