What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — to deliver actionable insights that make the industry more reliable, productive, safe, and secure.
What You’ll Do:
Uptake is seeking a collaborative, competitive, detail-oriented self-starter to lead sales efforts for our Chemical, Oil, and Gas vertical. The ideal candidate will build relationships with executive stakeholders, and market influencers to establish and expand Uptake’s market-leading fleet management product suite by bringing the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and predictive analytics enabled by the Internet of Things (IoT) to mid-sized and enterprise customers. Deal sizes range from $200k to $1M plus and typically involve proofs of concept, multiple stakeholders, multi-faceted pricing negotiations, and selling to executive- and C-level individuals.
- Plan and execute all aspects of a targeted sales program including end-to-end ownership of customer engagements
- Receive leads from our Pre-Sales team while also generating your own prospects through strategic outbound prospecting
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key accounts and market influencers and manage communications with targeted accounts
- Build Uptake’s brand and market presence and be a role model of Uptake’s cultural principles (performance, pride, purpose, accountability, and clarity) as we scale across the world
- Gather market feedback to improve Uptake’s product suite and provide strategic guidance to Product, Technology, Industry, Sales, and Marketing teams
- Display stellar negotiation and demo skills; both from a storytelling (day in the life of) and technical depth perspective to closing deals
- Accountable for exceeding personal sales quotas based on corporate revenue goals
The successful candidate is passionate about data-driven problem solving — an independent thinker comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization. Someone who thrives in an environment directly in front of customers, as well as someone who enjoys working closely with Uptake engineers and data scientists on creating an insights- and outcomes-driven platform solution for our customers.
- 10+ years of Enterprise level sales experience
- Ability to demonstrate products and explain concepts to a business and technical audience by leveraging strong communication skills with a proven capability to translate complex technologies for different target groups
- A collaborative mindset and a track record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of how data can be leveraged for analytics and predictive maintenance in industrial verticals
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.