VMLY&R COMMERCE is WPP’s newest end-to-end Creative Commerce Company. Built on the commerce expertise of Geometry and scaled through VMLY&R’s connected brand promise, we help modern brands grow by unifying marketing strategies around commerce.
We believe the space of commerce holds the most untapped creative potential to grow brands and people. Living CommerceTM is our proprietary approach and platform that guides how we work. By understanding how, when and why people buy, we deliver the most engaging and culturally-relevant creative commerce experiences across Retail, Experience, Design and Innovation. We do this as part of a network of 13,000 specialists across 80 countries, everywhere life intersects with commerce – this is end-to-end.
The Account Director manages one or more client businesses or brands, and ensures team members are working together effectively and maximizing agency capabilities and resources to deliver outstanding work to clients and profitability to the agency. This person will lead strategic development of account(s), identifying new opportunities to grow account and agency billings, as well as build and maintain strong client relationships through delivery of expert counsel, understanding of the client’s business, flawless execution, and achievement of client’s objectives.
- Shopper Marketing/ Shopper Commerce Subject Matter Expertise
- Deliver Shopper Marketing/Shopper Commerce expertise on behalf of Agency to client
- Stay current with Shopper Marketing/Shopper Commerce trends; leverage to educate, inspire, and develop forward-thinking solutions
- Deep client engagement
- Build rapport and credibility with a range of clients based on trust and expert strategic counsel; create strong foundations for ongoing business building opportunities
- Ensure delivery of consistent, efficient reliable agency support
- Create opportunities to infiltrate & navigate the client organization with independence, adding value to the role of the agency
- Quickly and effectively resolve client problems/concerns to ensure client satisfaction
- World-Class strategic & creative solutions
- Develop expertise in the client’s business, category, competitors, market trends; share information with internal team members
- Lead development of marketing solutions to address client’s challenges
- Collaborate with Strategy and Creative to meet key client marketing objectives
- Deliver on-going thought leadership and pro-active business solutions to client
- Partner with cross-functional leaders across the agency and with leaders at partner-agencys to bring forward complete solutions
- Guide client in evaluating effectiveness of marketing programs and determine next steps
- Team leadership & financial health
- Leading agency team to successfully meet client needs
Manage team of subordinates to deliver on agency best practices in account managementLead development of direct reports through mentorship, coaching and ongoing performance feedback and identification of learning opportunities
- Track budgets and manage revenue forecasting for assigned account(s) and oversee account(s) profitability
- Agency Business Building
- Identify and take responsibility for opportunities to meet/exceed revenue goals
- Work amongst team/Agency to build skills and optimize ways of working
- Contribute to achievement of Agency goals
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
As part of the WPP Group, VMLY&R COMMERCE offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- Shopper Marketing expertise
- Agency experience: 7+ years progressive, professional experience in related field
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring teams and providing actionable constructive feedback
- Highly agile, capable of adapting and quickly responding to evolving needs, based on experience
- Able to manage through ambiguity when rules and process don’t exist or apply
- Proactive approach, demonstrated by bringing new ideas unprompted as well as troubleshooting to avoid future problems
- Able to build productive relationships; Strong presentation skills; Strong communications skills
VMLY&R COMMERCE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.