Overview / Responsibilities
Are you a Construction Manager (CM) with 10-15 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with senior staff on technically challenging environmental remediation, decommissioning and demolition (D&D), and other construction projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established global engineering/consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our Novi, Michigan team. The role will provide field oversight and support the planning and execution of remedial construction, D&D, and other civil construction projects. Remediation projects typically include construction of soil vapor extraction systems, in-situ thermal and chemical oxidation, excavation, caps/covers, sediment dredging and stabilization, and groundwater pump and treat systems. D&D projects range from small ancillary structures to large power or chemical plant facilities. Other construction projects may include the installation of retainage systems (e.g., slurry walls and/or sheet walls), general civil site work, and associated components. The position is approximately 95 percent field work/travel and 5 percent office work for a wide range of industrial, commercial, federal, state and municipal clients.
- Oversight of contractors and management of Wood onsite project personnel for compliance with project designs, specifications and contract requirements.
- Review contractor submittals including qualifications, equipment specifications, data, and Work Plans for compliance with specifications.
- Monitor proper documentation of construction activities by contractors.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly construction reports.
- Prepare or assist in plans and specifications used to procure contractors to execute the work, bidding documents, and requests for proposals.
- Prepare or assist in conceptual construction cost estimates.
- Understand regulated materials and waste management requirements/procedures.
- Track contractor payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals.
- Develop and maintain project schedules (master and look-ahead).
- Conduct project closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, and record drawings.
- Interface with Wood clients, government officials and other stakeholders.
- Maintain permits and training certificates.
- Maintain and develop vendor and other professional contacts.
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and construction/engineering team meetings.
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Travel to project sites throughout the US.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or related degree preferred or equivalent technical field experience.
- Approximately 10-15 years construction management-related experience, preferably in D&D and/or remediation construction projects.
- Understanding of means and methods associated with remediation technologies, decommissioning, demolition, civil type work, CSI specifications, and construction drawings.
- General understanding of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and general building systems.
- Strong fundamental math skills.
- Maintain and advocate a safe working environment.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, and background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy.
- Computer knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hr training in accordance with 29CFR1910.120
- OSHA HAZWOPER Site Supervisor
- OSHA 30 hr Construction Safety
- MI LARA Asbestos Inspector Accreditation
- Working outside in various, inclement weather conditions, uneven terrain.
- Office/Field work with computer.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.