Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain College of Nursing in Cleveland has immediate need for a part-time professor of Anatomy & Physiology in our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
The course of instruction is:
Anatomy & Physiology I-IV with Lab (BIOS-251 thru BIOS-256)
This is a four-course sequence in which human anatomy and physiology are studied using a body systems approach. Coursework emphasizes interrelationships between form and function at the gross and microscopic levels of organization.
- Basic anatomical and directional terminology, muscle tissues, fundamental concepts and principles of cell biology, history and the integumentary and skeletal systems
- Fundamental concepts and principles of the muscular and nervous systems, special senses and the endocrine system
- Cardiovascular, immune and respiratory systems
Courses typically meet twice per week (lecture followed by lab) for eight-week sessions. The face-to-face interaction in lab and classroom is blended with technology (such as online discussions and online assignments) for an enhanced learning environment. Commitment is on a course by course basis.
If you are passionate about helping others learn and advancing your career through the power of education, we want to talk with you today.
In this role, you will:
- Become part of a dynamic team of educational professionals, teaching nursing students in a dynamic classroom/online hybrid setting
- Implement and embrace Chamberlain College’s Care philosophy, curriculum and course objectives by engaging students in a variety of modalities
- Establish an environment conducive to student engagement by effectively planning and preparing for classes, responding quickly to student requests for assistance and ensuring that students enjoy a powerful learning experience
- Identify opportunities to enhance student engagement through collaboration with colleagues who provide academic and professional guidance
- Promote student success by demonstrating a flexible style and exhibit a passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to develop scholarly excellence
- Engage with a diverse student body comprised of a variety of ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and academic preparation
- Foster a positive learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies
- Participate in curriculum development discussions, support campus events including orientation and graduation, open houses
- Enhance the learning environment by engaging in research, scholarship, service and academic advising
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you:
- Earned a master’s or doctorate degree in Anatomy & Physiology with a minimum of 18 or more graduate credit hours earned directly in Anatomy & Physiology
- Are able to provide official transcripts for all earned degrees from a regionally accredited institution and/or, for degrees earned outside of the US, a course-by-course US equivalency evaluation from a NACES-approved evaluator
- Have taught or been told you’re a “natural” at teaching and helping others learn
- Possess genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
- Have a strong work ethic, learn from mistakes, build positive spirit and always look for a better way
- Put the team first, appreciate diverse points of view, assume positive intent, collaborate and communicate openly
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading workforce solutions provider that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications, and training programs across the medical and healthcare and financial services industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, OnCourse Learning, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit adtalem.com.