Orgill, Inc., founded in 1847, is the nation’s largest and fastest-growing independently-owned hardlines distribution company that is recognized as an industry leader for its development of innovative retail programs and services that are designed to fulfill a simple mission: Help Our Customers Be Successful. We exist to serve our customers and our mission is the foundation upon which all of our services, products and activities are built. Orgill employees strive for the highest quality and endeavor to do things right the first time, constantly working towards improving everything they do. Employees want our customers to know that they can depend on us every time they do business with Orgill.
As a growing company, we are always looking for new team members to help us continue in our success. Currently, we are seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk who will work with vendors, buyers, credit, inventory control and the distribution centers to ensure timely remittance to vendors. Any variances found should be researched in a timely manner and resolved as necessary per Orgill accounts payable policy.
- Keys invoices, bills customers and makes copies for non-EDI drop ship invoices; communicates customer billing information with the Credit Department.
- Keys invoices for all non-EDI stock invoices for large volume vendors and performs matching of P. O.’s, invoices, and receivers.
- Processes and analyzes EDI stock invoices and receivers; checks variances; reviews edits.
- Prepares debit memos for overcharges and mails copy to customers.
- Reviews and releases edits for invoice payment.
- Reviews and reconciles vendor statements.
- Analyzes variances relating to price, quantity, and freight for all stock invoices.
- Communicates with vendors about past due invoices, statements and debits.
- Maintains vendor files
- Reviews and clears outstanding receipts report with vendors.
- Keys miscellaneous stand alone and non-purchase order invoices.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years A/P experience
Orgill, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package that offers valuable benefit options at reasonable costs and provides affordable coverage to our employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical & Prescription
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Additional Life, Accident, and Cancer Coverage
- Vacation Benefits
- 8 Paid Holidays
From its seven distribution centers and three export consolidation facilities located across the country, Orgill, Inc. distributes hardware and home improvement products to hardware, home improvement, and building materials retailers across the United States and in more than 60 countries throughout the world. The focus of our corporate office is to support our customers, distribution centers, and sales force.
We’re always looking for positive, energetic, and upbeat people to join our team. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment Orgill may be right for you!