One of our direct client is urgently looking for AR (Accounts Receivable ) Specialist@ Columbia MD
TITLE: AR (Accounts Receivable ) Specialist
LOCATION: Columbia MD
Duration: 6+ Months
Based in the Maryland, the successful candidate will need to spend at least two days in the office to allow for mail and checks to be dealt with. The AR team is based globally with other team members located in Ireland and China. This role is responsible for around 200 active customers in the broadcast sector of the business with a large number having open balances. In addition to this there are over 300 customer unit reports to be processed and billed each quarter as part of a team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Allocate incoming wire payments and checks against customer account in line with company procedures.
- Follow the escalation process for open invoices and update comments based on emails and conversations with customers.
- Process monthly/quarterly unit reports from customers to allow invoices to be calculated and billed.
- Review unallocated payment on a regular basis and allocate once invoice has been processed/confirmed.
- Prepare, process and mail out the quarterly manual invoices.
- Triage, assign and co-manage the global mailbox as part of a team.
- Work closely with the broadcast team in the Maryland office and provide finance assistance/information when requested.
- Assist team members with tasks and provide cover for others if requested.
- Liaise with other departments both within and outside of finance when required.
- Other ad hoc duties when requested.
Skills:-Qualifications & Education
- 3 to 5 years experiences in Accounts Receivable or similar role.
- Ability to investigate billing queries independently before escalating to next level.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with the ability to make independent decisions when required.
- Excellent Excel and Outlook skills as well as the ability to use MS Word and to a lesser degree PowerPoint. Ability to adapt and learn in-house software.
- Prior experience of using ERP with Syspro/Netsuite being an advantage.
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES
Education:-College diploma or above with experience in Finance, Accounting and Technology sector of similar field required.