‘Express is a modern, versatile, dual-gender apparel and accessories brand that helps people get dressed for every day and any occasion. Launched in 1980 with the idea that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express has always been a brand of the now, offering some of the most important and enduring fashion trends. Express aims to create confidence and inspire self-expression through a design and merchandising view that brings forward the best of now for real-life versatility.’
In 2020, we launched a bold new strategy called the EXPRESSway Forward and our transformation is well underway. If you’re interested in the world of fashion retail and are ready to make your mark and cultivate your career, reach out and let’s talk. www.express.com
The Accountant I is responsible for managing spreadsheet-based processes and applying financial accounting concepts for the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger. Tasks include responsibility for various aspects of accounting including monthly journal entries and account reconciliations. Completion of these tasks will require collaboration with other departments as well as certain third parties.
- Manage underlying data, supporting documentation and spreadsheet-based calculations to support accounting accuracy and completeness.
- Accurately book required journal entries to reflect activities. Examples include amortization and depreciation schedules, prepaid and accrued accounts, receivables, returns reserve, supplies and equity.
- Manage account reconciliation process by analyzing balance sheet account balances, assembling clear support for activity, and providing accurate and concise explanations for variances
- Other essential tasks may occur as directed by your supervisor
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Ability to work and function independently, prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignments and consistently meet deadlines
- Working understanding of GAAP
- Experience: 0- 3 years accounting experience in either public accounting or corporate accounting
CRITICAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong interest in advancement
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Advanced PC proficiency including Microsoft Excel
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started!