We are growing and would love to have you as part of the team!! At NXTThing RPO we are committed to serving our clients and our employees with exceptional service in the recruitment outsourcing space. Come join a fun, exciting, fast-paced team where you can learn and grow your career.
With the continued growth of NXTThing RPO we are looking to add a talented and customer service minded Accounting & Payroll Specialist. This role is responsible for coordinating semi-monthly and weekly payroll activities for internal employees utilizing an electronic timekeeping system to ensure accurate and timely disbursements and record keeping as well as light accounting duties in QuickBooks. The Accounting & Payroll Specialist will work closely with the CFO in regards to payroll as well as accounting responsibilities.
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll data for employees across different states
- Utilize automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll
- Produce supplemental payrolls and manual checks as needed
- Provide prompt, courteous and accurate customer support in resolution of payroll transactions
- Collect and review all payroll information to ensure that all applicable state and federal laws are in place and make recommendations for changes as needed
- Respond to government surveys regarding employee census information that includes payroll information, unemployment claims, etc.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding time and payroll issues
- Complete documentation for employees including verifications of employment, unemployment claims or Worker’s Comp
- Provides recommendations for change to applicable process or tools as recognized from functioning in the role on a daily basis
- Assist in processing Garnishment orders
- Term employees in Payroll system in a timely manor
- Assist with annual open enrollment activity
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic form
- Record Banking transactions daily, including AR Receipts
- Enter and prepare vendor invoices to be paid
- Record general journal entries as needed
- Assist in month end close process working with the CFO
What you need to Succeed
- 1-3 years’ experience accounting and processing payroll in a corporate or public accounting environment
- Knowledge of payroll practices
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law and HR best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Organizational skills – ability to manage high workload of data and multitask proficiently
- Paycor or ADP Payroll processing experience a plus
- QuickBooks experience a plus
NXTThing RPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.