The Account Manager – Level 3 (AM3)’s primary responsibilities are to meet assigned energy efficiency targets by proactively managing business and retail customers and building relationships with targeted non-engaged businesses. Develops and executes account plans utilizing a consultative customer engagement methodology that brings value to customers and measurable results to Efficiency Smart (ES). Assists the Director, Account Management with assigned responsibilities such as developing strategies for market segments or helping to develop and implement department policies and procedures.
- Achieve energy and demand savings goals throughout a customer base of core accounts and non-engaged businesses.
- Develop dynamic relationships with municipal government and utility leadership as primary contact for all ES program offerings as well as identify opportunities within municipal facilities and work with Energy Engineers and other Efficiency Smart staff to ensure their timely completion.
- Develop strategic relationships at senior and other levels within customer base to become a trusted and valued business resource.
- Understand all ES offerings and act as the primary point of contact in communicating initiatives and program results to municipal utility clients.
- Document and implement strategic account plans for core customers and orchestrate with other ES to execute plans and maximize savings.
- Identify opportunities within customer and prospective customer base and collaborate with Energy Engineers and other VEIC and sub-contractor staff to ensure their timely completion.
- Identify and keep current with industry, business and market trends to understand their impact on customers’ business.
- Develop expertise in one or more market or customer segments and collaborate with cross-functional team members to support the development and implementation of initiatives that respond to specific business needs.
- Participate in ongoing individual and team training and provide peer coaching to other Account Managers, Energy Engineers, and other VEIC staff to enhance skills.
- Ensure successful and consistent progress toward stated goals and objectives of the Account Management team.
- Participate in Efficiency Smart outreach events as necessary.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience utilizing a consultative customer management approach in a business-to-business energy or professional services field or a combination of education and experience in a related field that demonstrates comparable knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver expected results within core accounts or new business accounts.
- Strong financial, technical and business knowledge and skills, including the ability to understand the economic and political dynamics of high-profile customers.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the economic and business dynamics of assigned accounts, as well as the potential political and strategic sensitivity of their actions within the marketplace and regulatory arena.
- Strong interpersonal skills including in the ability to communicate effectively and build strong business relationships. High degree of professionalism, maturity and a polished demeanor.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with contact management, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and proven ability to be organized, detail-oriented and accurate.