This is a multi-tiered design/development & support role that interacts with Video Product & Video Operations Teams, CPE manufacturers, and Supply Chain to provide video solutions. The role is responsible for participating in the development of technical architectures and direction across a set of internal business applications, leading cross functional technical development efforts, delivering business critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met, as advised, by Video Operations leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company’s video transportation and delivery systems.
- Participate in the testing of new firmware, software, and hardware supporting Charters video solutions.
- Implement test plans to validate functional, performance, and business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for video acquisition, processing, and encoding solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and deployment of new test tools and automation frameworks.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, mentoring, and technical guidance to team members.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understand the technical roadmaps within Video Operations to ensure compliance with established technical solutions/architectures.
- Participate in the development of project cost estimates and schedule forecasts.
- Develop, design and implement video transportation solutions.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video transportation related projects.
- Support operations and work with vendors and engineering, as needed, to resolve customer or redundancy related issues.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with internal/external direct customer contact in a technical environment
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of and experience with Video acquisition, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation, using such equipment as: Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP1000/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, and Harmonic ProStreams and common cable CPE
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching
- Basic understanding in network planning, architecture design, and configuration for Cisco routers and Juniper routers and switches, including device turn up.
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Certification (current or past) in areas of expertise such as NCTI, SCTE, CCNA, a plus.
Area of Interest
Information Technology, Network Operations, Systems Engineering, Telecom Engineering
Colorado – Greenwood Village
6175 S Willow Drive Suite 100, 110, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900
EVD330 Advanced Video Engineer I
3045000522-Charter Communicaitons LLC-Network Ops Support-Core Video Operations
Controlling Establishment ID
01905 – Greenwood Village S Willow Dr.