Corpus Christi Hotel
Located in the lively downtown Marina District, the four-diamond Omni Corpus Christi Hotel offers newly renovated rooms with spectacular views of the Corpus Christi bay. Situated along 131 miles of Texas coast, there are virtually limitless choices for water sports, including year-round sailing, swimming, snorkeling and some of the worlds beat deep-sea fishing. All are just moments away from this spectacular Corpus Christi hotel.
The Omni Corpus Christi Hotel associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel may be your perfect match.
To support the Accounting Department by performing general accounting activities including Accounts Payable, General Cashier, Income Audit, and Accounts Receivable.
- Main responsibility will be general accounting duties in areas of need within the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for learning and assisting in completing the job duties of the following positions: Accounts Payable, General Cashier, Income Audit, and Accounts Receivable.
- Understand and help ensure compliance with all Omni Finance SOPs.
- Perform Birch Street invoice reconciliation daily, working through New, Not Matched, and Exceptions.
- Communicate invoices requiring purchase orders to department heads daily and follow up periodically.
- Create confirming purchase orders as needed.
- Maintain vendors including new vendor setup and reactivation of inactive vendors.
- Process Oracle invoice batches daily.
- Process vendor payments via the Oracle Accounts Payable module weekly and as needed.
- Assist in researching and resolving vendor inquiries in a timely efficient manner.
- Complete the General Cashier process daily, including the accurate balancing and submission of bank deposits.
- Daily cash over short reconciliation, reporting, and follow up.
- Audit house banks as required per Omni SOP’s.
- Train and setup new associates to use the cash recycler, as well as setting them up in Evention SecureDrop.
- Maintain the cash recycler cash/coin levels, perform periodic cleanings, and troubleshoot cash recycler issues as needed.
- Perform daily tax reconciliation.
- Balance tips and gratuities daily and resolve any variances.
- Reconcile credit cards daily and resolve any variances.
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely, efficient manner and record notes in Opera.
- Charge advance deposits to individual guest credit cards daily.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely billing of assigned direct bill accounts with complete backup and accurate invoices.
- Assist with review and preparation of all group rebates and commission for accuracy in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- Prepare and send invoices for group and catering advance deposits in a timely manner.
- Become familiar with state tax laws and tax exempt status reporting.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as assigned.
- Assist departments with general ledger research and re-class entries.
- Assist in Month End Closing.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts as assigned.
- Display and effectively communicate Omni Culture.
- Assist with Audit requests.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- Perform other tasks requested by Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance.
- Previous hotel accounting experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting system.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets, both building and maintaining.
- Good time management skills.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Strong customer service skills.
Tools & Equipment:
Computer, printer, adding machine, telephone, copier, scanner, facsimile machine.
Interior of hotel, in normal office conditions.
Physical Job Requirements (for essential functions only)
Must be able to sit for long periods of time working at a computer
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer – vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.