Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Analyst I works within a team setting to conduct Whole Effluent Toxicity (WET) testing to assist clients in meeting their NPDES permit compliance needs. On the job training to be provided. Will be responsible for daily completion of required tasks in accordance with established SOP’s. Will include weekend and holiday work shifts. Validates and reviews data for accuracy through Level I reviews. Opportunity for growth into consulting with clients, managing laboratory procedures, and preparing final reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with other staff members in a team environment to perform daily tasks.
- Care of test organisms cultures, monitoring and maintenance of tests in progress.
Performs laboratory procedures requiring knowledge of scientific methods and testing procedures including:
- Daily changes of test solutions. Monitoring of water quality measures (DO, pH, temperature, etc.) and test organism performance.
- Cleaning and preparation of laboratory equipment.
- Performance of laboratory methods to determine TRC, ammonia, hardness, and alkalinity.
- Operation, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory instruments
- Performs Level I review of data produced to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains logbooks / project notes.
- Responsible for performing job functions within Eurofins TestAmerica environmental health and safety and quality assurance standards.
- Maintains housekeeping standards for work area.
- Inventories and stocks laboratory supplies.
- Orders supplies.
- Washes and inventories glassware.
- Writes NCM’s for projects with quality assurance issues.
- Purges analyzed samples.
- Assists in other areas of laboratory when needed.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory practices and processes.
- Basic knowledge of drinking water and wastewater EPA regs and limits.
- Preferred: BS or BA in chemistry or related field. 3 years laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
- Experience: Preferred: Minimum 2 years’ experience in routine and complex laboratory procedures and instruments, preferably in a production environment. No prior knowledge of Whole Effuent Toxicity (WET) testing procedures is required.
- Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet deadlines)
- Reading, writing and speaking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team participation and meeting management skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
- Complete work within time and quality constraints
- Work independently following written or verbal instructions
- Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.