We are seeking a registered architect, or on path to licensure, with 7-10 years BIM experience within the architectural discipline for a BIM Management role to:
1. facilitate BIM standards development for the Architecture team based on feedback from Architecture, Construction, and Quality Assurance teams,
2. BIM content creation and design implementation as standard work product and/or, pre-designed/pre-documented content supporting a kit-of-parts or prototyping logic for both design and documentation;
3. management and administration of Revit templates, kit of parts, and design/documentation prototypes.
- Responsible for BIM standards development and implementation
- Collaborate with the architecture project teams to identify opportunities for the development of custom applications and automated processes to execute with a high degree of quality in a simpler, repeatable, and quicker process
- Creation and maintenance of the software template files to assure standards
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and increased documentation productivity using Dynamo and/or other programming languages
- Develop BIM documentation and workflow process standards both internally as well as collaborating with third-party participating consultants
- Train and facilitate the day-to-day activities of the Architecture Revit users to ensure BIM standards are implemented in creation of Revit Architectural models
- Working with the Architecture, Construction, and Quality Assurance team, to facilitate the development of detail libraries for typical details and specific details that can be applied to a variety of conditions. Create the BIM detail library implementation and application process to ensure adoption by the project design teams
- Create and manage model component libraries. Review model components and families developed by project architects prior to implementation into projects. Maintain consistency of content creation andorganization of library
- Create, maintain, and provide technical support documentation, end-user guidelines and educational materials and training for custom applications and plugins
- Provide documentation and training material for custom applications and plugins to be incorporated into firmwide BIM Standards and training platforms
- Create a BIM template road map or work plan of BIM Standard Template continuous content creation that supports both the development/implementation of BIM Standards as well as corporate reporting/futureproofing for adoption of BIM in Construction or Asset Management applications.
- Report on the companys current and projected state with regards to BIM development
- Create written technology evaluations and budgets for future technology adoption
Create deployment strategies for BIM implementation effort
- Assess: Evaluate the firms current workflow, strategies, projects, staffing, etc.
- Plan: Create a plan for implementation
- Solve: Create templates, tools, content, supporting the implementation
- Confirm: Be able to demonstrate the success of the assessment
- Support project standards coordination with project teams
- Support the project teams with initial Revit file setup for each new project to assure compliance with standards
- Support the project teams with BIM 360 utilization with subcontractors to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models.
- Assist on project work modeling and detailing as might be requested from time to time.
- Create Revit families in response to project need and complexity
- Assist project team with cleaning the model
- Create and manage parameters for each project template / master file
- Help resolve BIM design issues
- Manage project archiving
- Coordinate needed hardware upgrades with IT
- Licensed Architect or on path
- BIM management experience within the architectural community
- Able to identify how BIM will affect project design and documentation workflows
- Able to identify project value and support project or standards with appropriate BIM applications to enhance value
- Can identify goals and create work plans of immediate, short term, and long-range BIM implementation/adoption goals
- Can create, manage, and coordinate BIM standards development and implementation on all Architecture projects
- Able to prioritize content development and applications to reap greatest value for implementation and project goals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage workloads to meet deadlines