ABOUT WESTGATE RESORTS
Westgate Resorts provides a diverse range of vacation experiences. From sandy beaches on the Atlantic Ocean to snow-covered Utah mountains, families can affordably experience the country’s most desirable vacation destinations. A world leader in the timeshare and hospitality industry, Westgate has resorts in Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Westgate meets every vacation expectation, for every family, for every budget. As we continue growing, we will continue offering the best and most-affordable vacation options out there!
The purpose of the Assistant General Manager is to assist in managing the resort’s daily operation, maintaining established costs and quality standards. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for maintaining the resort assets, development of the resort human resources and owner/guest satisfaction; and assisting in all financial responsibilities of the resort. The Assistant General Manager is also responsible for assisting in all board communications as well as meetings.
- To assist in recruiting, training and ongoing training of all staff.
- Perform appraisals of resort managers, coach and counsel, and develop all resort management staff.
- Organize monthly meetings and perform follow up to all staff.
- Maintains procedure for orientation, training and development of all associates.
- Leads by example and ensures that all associates follow SOP’s and the 7 Habits of Hospitality.
- Ensure resort inventory is managed effectively to attain the highest yield per resort objectives.
- Conduct weekly yield meetings.
- Assists in preparing and submitting the resort annual business plan.
- Assists in managing and achieving all areas of budgets by implementing proper controls.
- Periodically checks audits to ensure all financial controls.
- Ensures all financial SOP’s are being followed as outlined in the Financial SOP checklist.
- Anticipates and documents capital expenditure requirements.
- Maintains personal contact with owners and guests of resort.
- Monitors and maintains procedures for safety of guest and personnel.
- Maintains high levels of service as outlined in the SOP manual.
- Performs weekly inspections to ensure quality.
- Ensure all communication standards are being met and all association administration and fiduciary duties are being carried out.
- Assists in maintaining all reporting SOPs and timelines as outlined by the General Manager.
- Must be visible, available to work all shifts as required by resort needs, and be able to assist guests as needed.
Required to provide administrative direction with assignments in terms of broadly defined missions or functions to the Operations department heads in Front Desk, Guest Relations, Engineering, Food & Beverage, Warehouse/Purchasing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.