Aevum, Inc. is an American technology company that designs, develops, and sells autonomous air, space, and package transportation services. The company focuses on autonomous technologies, rapid logistics, e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Our Social Mission
Aevum, Inc. was founded to democratize the access to space and directly enable space-based assets that can connect the other half of the world that currently do not have access to the internet. We believe that the right technologies deployed in space can help make the world better and transcend the unity of humankind.
Aerospace Engineer, Entry-Level (UAS Flight Operations)
Autonomous Air Cargo Flights
Aevum’s Autonomous Logistics Department is seeking an Aerospace Engineer, Entry-Level to take ownership of various autonomous flight operations and support our very first autonomous air cargo flight. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about aircraft design, flight dynamics, and has some experience with basic flight planning and operations.
The ideal candidate is familiar with FAA airworthiness certification and applicable regulatory processes; Aevum will provide training for extremely motivated candidate that want to make a difference in the aerospace industry.
In this role, you will own and manage various regulatory projects and work with the larger engineering team at Aevum to ensure that every Ravn X flight is safe and licensed. You will focus on the autonomous air cargo flight of the Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) and work alongside team members focused on FAA licensed activities of the Ravn X space launch operations.
The salary range for this position is $40,000 – $75,000/year commensurate with experience.
- Develop and document flight operations, procedures, processes, and reviews for autonomous flight operations of the Ravn X UAS vehicle.
- Create, manage, and submit regulatory applications for both transport vessel flights for autonomous air cargo operations.
- Support the design and development of flight safety components and systems; serve as the subject matter expert for applicable regulations in technical design activities.
- Own various flight documentation through the full life-cycle of Ravn X vehicles (operations manuals, maintenance manuals, etc.)
- Perform inspections of flight hardware and Ravn X vehicles to ensure compliance with appropriate requirements and regulations.
- Prepare and participate in flight reviews, range meetings to ensure that Ravn X flies on schedule.
- Collaborate closely with the larger Ravn X engineering team and provide inputs to the integrated master schedule (IMS) to ensure that regulatory schedule factors are always represented in the IMS.
- Travel to airports, spaceports, and launch sites to develop field processing procedures and inspect flights facilities in preparation for operations.
- Support regulatory reviews with FAA, NASA, DoD, Range, etc., including presenting in technical interchange meetings (TIM), as needed to gain approval of planned Ravn X flights.
- Perform technical analysis for flight planning
- Work with Aevum’s software engineering teams to improve mission planning software and ground systems
- Develop ground support equipment (GSE) and other systems needed for autonomous air cargo flight operations
- Provide operational feedback and assist in deriving technical requirements for the Ravn X UAS engineering team in order to improve the Ravn X UAS through block upgrades of the vehicle.
- Bachelors degree in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related technical field
- Working knowledge of fixed-wing aircraft design, flight dynamics
- Microsoft office suite proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Masters in Systems Engineering; Dynamic Systems
- Knowledge of FAA Part 25 airworthiness standards
- Knowledge of FAA 8130.34D
- Has pilot license
- Experience with unmanned aircraft flight planning
- Knowledge of autonomous flight systems, UAS
- <25% travel is anticipated for this position
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Dental insurance, health insurance, paid time off, vision insurance, stock incentives, bonus potential, great work culture with a chance to be part of a revolutionary team
Weekdays; weekends as necessary
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.