Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR Ã¢â€šÂ¬ 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Our Eurofins Test America, Inc. Denver, Colorado Environmental lab is seeking an experienced GC analyst with at least of 1 year experience performing EPA and SW846 methodologies. Method familiarization is preferred around ECD, FID and MS applications with a high potential growth with in the department.
GC Analyst II responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs laboratory procedures requiring knowledge of scientific methods and testing procedures including:
o Batching and prepping samples for analysis taking into account special and varied client and QA requirements
o Making reagents for sample analysis
o Aliquots extracted samples to maximize laboratory productivity
o Preparing appropriate standards to ensure compliant data
o Determining appropriate routine and complex analysis methods for a wide variety of organic and inorganic samples
o Operation, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory instruments
· Uploads data into LIMS system for review.
· Performs Level I review of data produced to ensure accuracy.
· Maintains logbooks.
· Monitors refrigerator temperatures.
· Responsible for performing job functions within TestAmerica EHS and QA standards.
· Maintains housekeeping standards for work area.
· Inventories and stocks laboratory supplies.
· Orders supplies.
· Washes and inventories glassware.
· Writes NCM’s for projects with QA issues.
· Purges analyzed samples.
· Assists in training new analysts on laboratory procedures.
· Assists in other areas of laboratory when needed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Strong reading, writing and speaking skills
· Ability to problem solve
· Team participation and meeting management skills
· Time management and organization skills
· Ability to use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
· Complete work within time and quality constraints
· Work independently following written or verbal instructions
· Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
· Ability to follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
o Organic preparation
o Metals preparation and analysis
o Gas Chromatography
o Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
o Radio Chemistry
o Wet Chemistry
o High Resolution preparation and analysis
o Low Resolution preparation and analysis
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Denver, CO are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
· BS or BA in chemistry or related field; 3 years laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in routine and complex laboratory procedures and instruments, preferably in a production environment
· Previous production-oriented work is a plus
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
· Compensation Range: $18.00 to $20.00/ hour
· Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
· Life and disability insurance
· 401(k) with company match
· Paid time off and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.