At Planterra Foods, we believe our planet is filled with delicious ideas. Leveraging the resources of our investor, JBS USA Food Company, we aspire to change the future of protein by giving people more flavorful, plant-based choices. Our goal is to delight people from vegans to flexitarians to meat-eaters by giving them more delicious plant-based protein choices, like our first brand OZO™.
We are building our team and looking for an Accounting Specialist for our new manufacturing plant in Denver, CO (Commerce City area) who will help us create the best plant-based protein company in the world. This role will report to the Plant Controller.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Plant Controller in financial and cost accounting support for entire facility
- Preparation of assigned account reconciliations to support financial statements
- Track costs, cost variances, and profitability and contribute to finding ways to improve them
- Play an active role in the monthly financial reporting activities by preparing, analyzing, and summarizing results
- Learn the ERP and financial system (SAP) by understanding its functionality, its interconnection with the manufacturing operations, and developing a solid understanding of the data
- Keying accounts payable, journal entries, and submitting for payment non-purchase order invoices
- Tracking and reviewing progress of asset projects in process
- Gathering appropriate backup to close and capitalize asset projects
- Maintaining files
- Assist Plant Controller in development of department SOPs
- Drive process improvement and efficiency in all accounting and close functions including ERP enhancements
- Performing related tasks as requested
EDUCATION: Requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
BASIC SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires 2 years of clerical/accounting experience
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and paid holidays
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
- Salary: $20- $25 per hour
*COVID-19 vaccine required, reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.