A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we’d love for you to join us.
Palantir is seeking an Accounting Manager to develop and implement improvements and quality initiatives across our growing Accounting & Finance organization. In this role you’ll be supporting senior accounting leadership with strategies that prioritize scalability and value creation. You will also partner with the Corporate Accounting team to close the books monthly, as well as build out related internal controls, automation, and process enhancements.
Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, getting deep into work prepared by the team and identifying opportunities for improvement. We value problem solvers who are not satisfied with the status quo and who are energized by the chance to improve the efficiency or accuracy of existing processes.
- Support senior corporate accounting leadership with a review of the team’s original work, as well as one-off projects and initiatives.
- Help increase overall quality and speed of delivery in accounting work product.
- Build and leverage cross-functional relationships within the company to more effectively bring value to Finance and other internal teams.
- Exercise judgment while ensuring that accounting conclusions are documented in reconciliations and technical memos in accordance with current policies and guidance.
- Communicate and present complex topics to leadership in an accessible format, while still maintaining the ability to operate in the details as needed.
What We Value
- 8+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience, with at least 4+ years of experience at a large international public accounting firm
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (with CPA preferred).
- A highly analytical and innovative approach to problem solving, with a demonstrated track record of process improvement.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience partnering with international functions and teams is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills; able to maintain accuracy in work products and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- NetSuite, Workday, ADP, Safeguard, GTreasury and CoStar experiences are a plus.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Life and disability coverage.
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents.
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance.
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child.
- Commuter benefits.
- Relocation assistance.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
The starting salary for this position is estimated to be $85,000/year. Total compensation includes approximately $10,000/year of equity compensation in the form of Restricted Stock Units, based on the recent value of the company’s stock at the time of grant. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.