Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
As an AP Specialist, you will work with a team to streamline real estate leasing transactions and manage the company’s largest expenses.
Sonder is a rapidly growing organization and as such our accounting team must be very agile and be comfortable working in an evolving environment.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Manage a global portfolio of landlords across all Sonder markets
- Review and abstract data from newly-signed leases and provide support in onboarding and offboarding units
- Review and reconcile recurring rent bills and route for proper approval
- Organize and lead monthly reviews with proper channels
- Apply correct G/L and category coding to landlord invoices
- Work with operations personnel to identify and resolve any discrepancies not in alignment with a lease
- Submit rent payments via resident portals and record transactions in accounting system
- Provide professional support to all parties involved in the leasing process
- Review and reconcile landlord statements
- Process deposit payments in a timely manner
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- 1-2 years accounting experience in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable
- Netsuite ERP knowledge preferred
- Well versed in Excel or Google Sheets preferred
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Team player with positive and agile attitude required
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive hourly pay with growth opportunities
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes.
Salary: $18.27/hr – $21.63/hr