AMERISAFE is seeking a detail-oriented, productivity driven professional to add to our “Excellence Team” based in DeRidder, LA. If you love working with great people and want to work on a winning team for an award-winning company known throughout the insurance industry for its high ethics and integrity, then the Analyst/Programmer position is for you.
AMERISAFE is defined by its corporate culture of service. Service at AMERISAFE means delivering on the promises established in our insurance policies, supporting the work activities of our fellow employees, and donating time, talent and resources to our AMERISAFE family and communities. Our employees live out our mission of “providing quality service” not only at work, but in their personal lives as well. These concepts are the foundation of AMERISAFE’S culture and our employees are vital to this mission as we continue to build a better AMERISAFE. We are recognized by Business Insurance as one of the “Best Places to Work in Insurance” and by The Wards Group as one of the “Top 50” insurance companies in America.
AMERISAFE offers a competitive salary, full benefits package and much more. We have many tenured employees across 27 states. In short, employees stay with us because of who we are and what we do –exceptional people providing workers’ comp for working people. If you’re looking for a career, and not just a job, then AMERISAFE is for you.
AMERISAFE does not consider a person’s race, sex, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identification, disability, medical or genetic information, pregnancy, military status, age or any other factor prohibited by law in making hiring, promotion, training, assignment, compensation, discipline, benefits, employment and termination decisions.
- Relevant BS/BA degree and/or equivalent work experience in software system analysis and development
- Experience with development toolsets and methodologies; especially Microsoft technologies
- Understanding of software development life cycle concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, reporting and time management skills
- Customer-service orientation and attitude
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends and travel occasionally
- Participate in and support a highly collaborative development environment
- Support IT teams in troubleshooting and repair of problems with new and legacy software systems and other technology solutions
- Support requirements gathering and documentation through investigation of existing software systems, observation of current business processes and interviews with company staff
- Analyze, develop, code and debug new software systems as well as enhancements to legacy systems according to specified requirements
- Support all aspects of testing to provide solutions that meet business requirements with minimal defects and minimal resulting downtime
- Provide technical, testing and user documentation in support of long term maintenance, defect reduction and use of software solutions
- Support identification of risks and opportunities associated with software systems and other technology solutions
- Support and adhere to established IT and company policies, procedures, standards and controls
- Assist senior development staff in pursuit of development objectives