“The primary role of this position will be to assist Home Lending with developing processes and reporting practices to support the internal Regulatory Reporting Governance & Oversight Framework.
Duties will include:
– Interacting with key accounting and finance stakeholders
– Assist in building Regulatory reporting program approach, processes, methodologies, tools and documentation
– Performing extensive analysis of current reporting practices and making recommendations on areas of process improvement, data ownership, documentary standards and training
– Serve as subject matter expert for Risk Weighted Assets and the calculation of Regulatory Capital as it applies to Wells Fargo Home Lending
– Accumulate and review reporting errors and issues to assess the impact on affected Regulatory reports
– Assist in Regulatory external, internal and Quality Assurance audits
This position may also assist in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external financial statements and other documentation analysis of financial results maintaining adherence to internal and external accounting principles and policies maintaining and monitoring controls to ensure accuracy of data maintaining knowledge of current accounting practices and regulatory requirements response and resolution to audit inquiries reporting consolidation of loan portfolios within CLG.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with different stakeholders, and achieving results.
-6+ years accounting experience.
– Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead cross-functional collaboration
– Ability to communicate effectively across layers of leadership and team members
– Ability to work independently on a variety of reporting issues and guidance
– BA/BS in accounting or finance with strong knowledge of GAAP
– Combined accounting/public accounting experience
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
– Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines timely and accurately
– Strong PC skills (Excel).
– Mortgage banking experience
– Strong knowledge of Regulatory and /or SEC reporting – CPA or MBA“