Our Account Managers bring value to our clients by passionately and professionally representing the agency on a day-to-day basis. They are the trusted partner and point of contact for mid-level clients. Our Managers know how to develop effective strategies and briefs that lead to strong creative output. They hold productive agency and client meetings and are strong communicators who present persuasive POV’s and champion great creative work. They add value by interrogating every client brief and assignment, and striving to solve our client’s larger business problems, not just the immediate request at hand. They act courageously and with conviction and collaborate well with all capabilities within Ogilvy.
- Immersing yourself in the essential dynamics, strategies, and drivers of your client’s business.
- Putting your clients first, interfacing regularly with those in mid-level positions and constantly hunting for integrated solutions that are innovative and appropriate.
- Interfacing regularly with all capabilities, including PM, creative, and strategy teams, and keeping them all informed, focused, and enthused about the work and the business.
- Communicating changes to plans and working closely with PM’s to ensure budget and project recalibration.
- Contributing to the development of business reporting and offering a lens into the client’s competitive environment through competitive analysis and presentations.
- Staying current on industry trends and campaigns and bringing “outside” thinking to your clients.
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the dynamics of your client’s business and helping the agency navigate their political structure.
- “Planning the meeting”, ensuring preparation for every meeting so the work is enthusiastically accepted.
- Initiating thought leadership projects that enhance our reputation and add value to our client’s business.
- Demonstrating strong collaboration skills with internal teams and building strong links with them.
- Acting as an open and willing resource to team members in assessing ideas and directions.
- Participating in the presentation and selling through of work.
- Consistently helping to deliver flawless creative execution.
- 4 – 6 years of experience, ideally with at least 2 different client experiences in 2 disciplines (B2B, retail, digital, CPG, tech, etc.).
- Demonstrable knowledge of client and Agency operations and working knowledge of Ogilvy’s matrixof capabilities.
- Digitally fluent, with an understanding of the complex, fragmented media landscape.
- An appreciation for how great work gets done and a commitment to ensuring creative excellence/output.
- Curious, a lifelong learner.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding of basic agency financials.
- Strong negotiation and selling skills.
- Understanding of data and ability to help apply insights to optimize work.
- A good listener, someone who reads people and those in a room well.
- Authentically passionate about the work, your team and our business.
- An accountable and confident leader.