ACTIVITY AIDE NEEDED
Part-Time – 5-9 PM Shift Plus Every Other Weekend – Roughly 25 Hrs./Wk.
APPLY TODAY TO LEARN ABOUT OUR NEWLY INCREASED PAY RATES!!!
Cambria Care Center is a 301-bed skilled nursing center. As our center continues to grow and evolve, its commitment to providing non-medical services—specifically, fun, engaging activities—becomes increasingly important. The Activity Aide will be vital to this planning, development and implementation, working with the Activity Director to oversee activities for our center.
Responsibilities of the Activity Aide include:
- Preparing a monthly calendar of daily activities, and distributing information along with weekly menus to all residents
- Organizing and implementing activities for residents and families
- Assisting with outings, including transportation and logistics
- Maintaining daily activity attendance and preparing ongoing reports to show participation
- Communicating with nursing staff and other care providers to help residents best participate in upcoming activities
- Securing substitute events or activities in the event of cancellations or inclement weather
- Managing activities volunteers, in conjunction with the Activity Director
- Monitoring equipment and supply inventories, and updating orders/requests
This is a high energy, hands-on job and requires outstanding interpersonal, communication and management skills, plus a genuine desire to improve residents’ well-being. Because of the nature of the community, extreme patience, empathy and compassion are essential, as is at least one year of experience working with a geriatric population. A high school diploma is required. Candidate must be able to provide driver’s license or personal identification card at time of interview and must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen. EOE.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.