Baseband Telcom Corp. is a national infrastructure, utilities and specialty contractor serving the wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan, design, build and support communications infrastructure for our clients across the Southwest Region.
- Provide administrative support to Construction Manager in the form of data entry, filing, securing documents/orders, etc. working together with field supervisors and management for project/job completions.
- Must be able to work in conjunction with Construction Manager and lead technicians in the field to collect and produce project related deliverables
- Able to identify, investigate and explain job budget variances and update our accounting software with relevant information.
- Assists with pre job walkouts completing checklists and providing feedback on upcoming projects to the Construction Manager and lead technicians
- Must be able to work with third party vendors to procure small tools, materials & traffic control
- Can clearly identify and articulate extra work above and beyond agreed upon scope and discuss with Construction Manager and clients as needed
- Ability to assist Construction Managers and lead technicians with miscellaneous job issues as required.
- Ability to download & organize plans/work orders, etc. from various plan sites
- Ability to work with a variety of software programs (MS Office, scanners, etc.)
- Must demonstrate good attendance and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- May need to work overtime and drive to job sites on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some college coursework completed. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to the construction industry; prefer 1-2 years’ experience in Project Management.
- Ability to read and understand Construction Plans
- Ability to understand written procedures, write routine documents, speak clearly, and understand multi-step written and oral instructions in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in progress) or completed in project management, engineering, technical, or construction preferred.
- Strong organization, record-keeping and follow-up skills.
- Ability to adapt to needs of project should it be independent work or working within the team.
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Ability to perform basic math.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds occasionally and as needed.
- Ability to lift, push and pull materials to complete assigned job tasks.
- Must be able to carry and climb a ladder if needed to inspect aerial devices during pre-job walk-outs
- Up to 50% local travel required – to a variety of worksites
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management, peers, et. al.
Baseband Telcom Corp. offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.