POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Manager in the daily operations. Daily duties will include management functions, opening/closing store, overseeing production/retail operations, providing training, coaching, and performance feedback to staff. Able to assume responsibility for daily operations, including revenue and production goals, employee relations, wage and hour compliance, and administrative duties in the absence of the Store Manager. May be required to move locations within a 25-mile radius of San Diego County.
North Country Clearance Center: Oversees the Clearance Center Staff and NC Fixed Crew.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Assists the Store Manager and/or Operations Manager with daily department operations and ensuring store revenue and goals are met.
- Ensures excellent customer service is provided to customers and donors. Provides product that meets company pricing and quality standards.
- Responsible for aiding in daily decision making, schedules, store planning and completion of reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for maintaining store in a safe, clean and well organized with merchandised.
- Assumes all daily responsibilities in the absence of the Manager.
- Assists the manager in ensuring employment relationship issues are resolved according to the organization’s best practices, culture, core values, laws and regulations.
- Provides leadership, guidance, training and professional development in a positive work environment to motivate staff, increase productivity and achieve departmental goals.
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, responsible for preparing and issuing Annual Performance Evaluations and 5-Minute Goal Setting Conversations, P&Ls, and production and revenue budgets.
- Implements organizational initiatives such as 4DX methodology and Kaizen continual improvement.
- Reports any concerns or ongoing issues related to the department and provides feedback on resolution. Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: One to two years related experience.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills, e-mail, internet use, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Certificates & Licenses: Must have a CA Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance company requirements.
After Market and NC Clearance Center: Must be able to be forklift certified, and operates pallet jack.
Other Requirements: Ability to operate electronic cash register. Ability to work with simple arithmetic (addition, subtraction, fractions, percentages, etc.). Ability to calculate figures and amounts related to cash handling (for example, change discounts, etc.). Ability to read and understand sales reports.