Training Administrator – Athens, GA
Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States, is looking for a motivated Training administrator. The right candidate will have data entry and admin experience. Other critical success factors for this role include the ability to think out of the box, a great attitude and flexibility.
What You’ll Do
- Promote the Wayfair culture in the Customer Service organization and lead by example.
- Support all training administrator functions within our Customer Service operation.
- Maintain training records (e.g. training rosters, class attendance, LMS registrations).
- Partner with trainers to ensure compliance with required record keeping during pre, post, and concurrent training sessions.
- Create training schedules for all service training verticals, track and create reports on outcomes of all training and maintain training records for the company.
- Coordinate new hire training onboarding procedures in partnership with Talent Acquisition.
- Serve as a point of contact for Information Technology teams regarding equipment redeploys and escalated ticket issues.
- Facilitate informational sessions on use of tools and technology deployed with the training organization.
- Ensure training collateral is properly tracked, versioned, and available to all learners for all programs.
- Act as a liaison between the training department and key organizational stakeholders and internal business customers.
- Performs other duties assigned simultaneously by the Service Training leadership team.
What You’ll Need
- 2 or more years of experience in an administrative role preferred – preferably in a training and or human resources development role.
- Ability to use independent judgment, problem-solve, be creative and answer questions.
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully partner with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Google Suite and Learning Management Systems (Cornerstone)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.